• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Websites like Upwork for freelance in the tech industry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People per hour, Fiverr, Upwork, etc all seem to be a race to the bottom with someone always willing to do something cheaper.

Talmix often has better paying gigs posted on it. I've been on their mailing list for ages but never applied for anything there as the timing hasn't been right.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      People per hour, Fiverr, Upwork, etc all seem to be a race to the bottom with someone always willing to do something cheaper.

Talmix often has better paying gigs posted on it. I've been on their mailing list for ages but never applied for anything there as the timing hasn't been right.
      Yeah, I tried a couple of people on Fivver recently and I was not happy even though it was far from the cheapest. It was web development so in the end I got a recommendation from a friend about a chap in Scotland and we have been doing work since then flawlessly. Indeed networking is your best friend here to find work and to find people to do that work.

I checked Talmix, not really sure about their search mechanism though

Comment

I got the impression Hire Freelancers & Find Freelance Jobs Online | Freelancer is now the biggest site.

I looked at this a few years ago. That's where my name Cirrus came from - sourcing projects in the cloud. In the end I did other things. It is a bit like the wild west with lots of people screwing each other but some people do seem to make a lot of money.
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
          I got the impression Hire Freelancers & Find Freelance Jobs Online | Freelancer is now the biggest site.

I looked at this a few years ago. That's where my name Cirrus came from - sourcing projects in the cloud. In the end I did other things. It is a bit like the wild west with lots of people screwing each other but some people do seem to make a lot of money.
          Cumulonimbus a bit too much to manage?

Comment

Keep hustling bro!! Upwork is pretty amazing but I would suggest you to keep exploring and looking for opportunities on other similar websites as well.

Comment

Originally posted by techperson View Post

Are these other websites better than Upwork in your opinion?
              Well there IS another site ending with ..work that pays very good rates to adults. I better not name it, as it's NSFW

Comment

aside from Fiverr, Freelancer, UpWork, PeoplePerHour already mentioned.

There's quite a load others i found....

Hubstaff, Workhoppers, TopTal, Freesy, JoinToHire, FreeEUp, Fivesquid, FreelancerMap
                .. some of these might be quite tailored towards particular industry mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Cumulonimbus a bit too much to manage?
                  is that not still illegal??

Comment

Working...
                  X