• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

“ My husband is obsessed by designer clothes - and I find it a total turn off ”

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“ A few days ago, I had ironed some clothes and was putting them away in our wardrobe when I held up one of my husband’s T-shirts. I stared at it and a feeling of pure, fiery fury came over me. If I’d smoked and had a lighter to hand, I would have set fire to that T-shirt there in our bedroom.

The reason? That cotton T-shirt had cost over £80.

My husband has a love of all things designer. If it doesn’t have a “name”, he won’t wear it. Shoes, jeans, T-shirts, jumpers, watches – all have to be designer.

We both earn well – he as a manager in a tech firm, me as a private tutor – yet I would never dream of spending the amount he does on designer clothes.

But I feel ridiculous complaining, because he has always been like this. When we married, 15 years ago, everyone commented on his snappy dress sense. “Oh, he always looks so nice,” friends commented. I was proud of him....

My husband is obsessed by designer clothes - and I find it a total turn off

Weird. Real men aren't concerned with such things. It's (partly) what a wife is for.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Weird. Real men aren't concerned with such things. It's (partly) what a wife is for.
      you don't have to marry them.
      some of them would be horrified at the thought.

Comment

£80 is about my t_shirt range

What’s yours crazy cat lady question?

To answer your original question

Yes he is pumping you mate

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        Last edited by GhostofTarbera; 12 February 2020, 20:45.

Comment

charity shops

Comment

I like nice clothes, I’ve even had my colours analysed for my skin tone (true summer).

I also like Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, although the blue gi isn’t quite in the true summer palette...

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              I like nice clothes, I’ve even had my colours analysed for my skin tone (true summer).

I also like Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, although the blue gi isn’t quite in the true summer palette...

My arse farts butterflies.
              admirals
              they are the foundation of chaos theory.

Comment

How much does she spend on hair and makeup session, gin, prosecco, etc.?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  How much does she spend on hair and makeup session, gin, prosecco, etc.?
                  Not enough if she's still stuck with him.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

As long as he pays his share of the bills & its his money he is spending - who cares?
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                    X