• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Javid resigns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Dominic Cummings is running the show and wants his puppet in as Chancellor.
    Great - best chance to have lower taxes, go get ‘em Dom!

Comment

Javid resigns

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Apparently asked to sack his two special advisors and refused.
      To be fair it was the ones who tie his shoelaces and wipe his bum for him

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Best news in a long while - fking ‘ve it for them new proposed taxes Javid

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          My hope is the same, that number 10 reels in the excesses of HMT (who are clearly guided by HMRC). Perhaps we wouldn't have seen fiascos like the loan charge and IR35 in the private sector, if number 10 had more control over the treasury.

The problem is that number 10 has big spending plans. Number 11 was more limiting in this aspect, trying to keep a control on costs. With more expenditure comes more need for tax revenue, or greater borrowing. We don't know which way it will go yet.

Comment

The problem is that number 10 has big spending plans.
            Big stuff like HS2 can and should be financed by borrowing, since interest rates on Govt issued bonds are very low, best way to do it.

This game of tax increases under Con Govt is a load of crap - they've been onto it for a decade now, it has got to stop and stop NOW.

Comment

Rampant inflation.

Back to the 1970s.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dominic Cummings is running the show and wants his puppet in as Chancellor.
                .... This......

And the dimwits want to 'take back control' and halt 'unelected officials' calling the shots

Bojo is a puppet, to Cummings
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  I'd be interested to hear why you think it's great news and why Dominic Cummings an Bojo running the treasury are going to somehow make things better for you. Do you seriously think that this will involve favourable changes for anyone who isn't an actual multi millionaire or a member of the hereditary title set ?
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    I'd be interested to hear why you think it's great news and why Dominic Cummings an Bojo running the treasury are going to somehow make things better for you. Do you seriously think that this will involve favourable changes for anyone who isn't an actual multi millionaire or a member of the hereditary title set ?
                    I am counting on it ...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Apparently asked to sack his two special advisors and refused.
                      Rumour has it that the advisors couldn't balance their spreadsheets ... they were out of kilter by £350m per week and couldn't identify the source of the shortfall
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X