• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Budget 2020 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please please please I hope ER is not scrapped. They can reduce the lifetime limit to £1m or increasing owning the business 5 years but do not mess with the 10% tax.

Now i've said it. Doomed!

Comment

Prediction - Everyone in Northern Tory marginals to qualify for a Government cash bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        They can't - there needs to be a finance bill which means there needs to be a budget.

The problem with software is that it's not possible to implement things without lead times so a March budget already limits the changes you can make to start in April. Pushing it beyond March 11th will further limit what they can or can't do...
        Agree. They could delay slightly, but not by much and they need a FA to collect taxes that are renewed annually.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          And only the Chancellor has changed. The people the Chancellor reports to at HMRC is the same.
          Cummings is probably writing the Budget on the back of a fag packet right now...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Cummings is probably writing the Budget on the back of a fag packet right now...
            Great - a lot less room for tax increases!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Agree. They could delay slightly, but not by much and they need a FA to collect taxes that are renewed annually.
              I read up on this one recently. Although income tax and corp tax have to be renewed by the FA, they get a few months grace if they didn't get it done before the new tax year, so it continues to be payable. Such a shame..

But in theory they could delay the budget beyond April 6th for a few weeks if desperately needed to.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                I read up on this one recently. Although income tax and corp tax have to be renewed by the FA, they get a few months grace if they didn't get it done before the new tax year, so it continues to be payable. Such a shame..

But in theory they could delay the budget beyond April 6th for a few weeks if desperately needed to.
                They get a month (until 5 May) to pass a resolution in the House under the Provisional Collection of Taxes Act 1968.

All you could ever want to know about Finance Bills (and then some):

http://researchbriefings.files.parli...13/SN00813.pdf

Comment

Confirmed as going ahead on March 11.

Comment

Comment

We're boomed, boomed I tell ye !

Comment

Working...