• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Budget 2020 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official Budget 2020 thread

This one is going to be remembered for a very long time...

oh, no it isn't

Comment

oh yes it is!

Comment

oh, no it isn't

Comment

I reckon it will be remembered for an average amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            We'll be paying for this for a very long time...
            FTFY
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I've heard from my contact at CIOT that the government is now refusing to confirm that the budget will go ahead on March 11th. Doesn't mean anything just yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they kicked it to Oct.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                I've heard from my contact at CIOT that the government is now refusing to confirm that the budget will go ahead on March 11th. Doesn't mean anything just yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they kicked it to Oct.
                They can't - there needs to be a finance bill which means there needs to be a budget.

The problem with software is that it's not possible to implement things without lead times so a March budget already limits the changes you can make to start in April. Pushing it beyond March 11th will further limit what they can or can't do...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  They can't - there needs to be a finance bill which means there needs to be a budget.

The problem with software is that it's not possible to implement things without lead times so a March budget already limits the changes you can make to start in April. Pushing it beyond March 11th will further limit what they can or can't do...
                  And only the Chancellor has changed. The people the Chancellor reports to at HMRC is the same.

Comment

I suspect.

Comment

Working...
                    X