• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Final day rate poll before IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    where is >£2000 option?
    That is the starting point for barristers
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      what's that?
      Like yours but bigger.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The categories are all wrong

should be

less than 300
        300 to 399
        400 to 499
        500 to 599

and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
          The categories are all wrong

should be

less than 300
          300 to 399
          400 to 499
          500 to 599

and so on.
          or
          in £'s

less than 300
          300 to 399.99
          400 to 499.99
          500 to 599.99
          600 to ∞
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Back in the day I never achieved £300/day.

It was even worse if you were hardware.

The joys of embedded software.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Back in the day I never achieved £300/day.

It was even worse if you were hardware.

The joys of embedded software.
              20 years ago, £400 was the benchmark in my area, if you had additional skills you might push it up to £600 but that probably involved some quite messy project management. (That wasn't for me - MF will be along shortly to confirm )
              Now £300 (usually inside) is a push, so I've scaled back (and I'm not touching agency related roles at all) but I don't think the UK IT industry is benefiting from this new hard regime, and I'm grateful that it's not my problem.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Back then in embedded, you needed FPGA, VHDL and suchlike to get £50/hr.

For my pedestrian crap it was £35/hr tops.

I note that more recently rates of £45 - 50/hr seem to be quoted quite often, though again they want the VHDL stuff.

And once you lose all the expenses it's not really worth the effort.

I'm fecked if I'm paying for hotels and mileage out of taxed income.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 February 2020, 23:25.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                X