• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Longest permietractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longest permietractor

Guy at current client 13 years..... Got to be be fair thats good going......

Im on 3 years now which is my record. Got a few 2 1/2 years before that.

#permietractor
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

I don't think I've ever gotten close to two years. 18 months tops, I think.

Comment

I managed over 4 years in one stint at HP - not bad considering they have a 2 year rule in place for lesser mortals.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

longest i ever did was 22 months in one stint.

Comment

Back in the day, it was not unusual for contractors at BPX in Aberdeen to have been on site for over 16 years. I think that one guy had been there since the days of BNOC in Glasgow. It had been pretty much his whole career.
          Last edited by wattaj; 14 February 2020, 10:04. Reason: Speillng.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

My barometer for being at client co for a long time (too long in my case)

You start going to leaving drinks for permies that joined after your contract started.

For me thats time to move on.

Comment

OMG! Thats nearly half as long as you spent on JSA....

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                My barometer for being at client co for a long time (too long in my case)

You start going to leaving drinks for permies that joined after your contract started.

For me thats time to move on.
                Ha ha - at current client a few permies retired/left etc and I ended up as longest serving team member. All good because they can't get rid of me now really.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  OMG! Thats nearly half as long as you spent on JSA....
                  Don't get NLUK going now Brillo.....

6 years on JSA at £74 a week is well over £20K of NLUKs taxes - used to pay for my holidays to Florida (and Llandudno)......

(It was actually only once for 12 weeks - over 5 years ago. Still almost £900 - paid for Disney tickets that year lol)

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Don't get NLUK going now Brillo.....

6 years on JSA at £74 a week is well over £20K of NLUKs taxes - used to pay for my holidays to Florida (and Llandudno)......

(It was actually only once for 12 weeks - over 5 years ago. Still almost £900 - paid for Disney tickets that year lol)
                    The only thing that gets NLUK going at his age is electrodes.....

Comment

Working...
                    X