• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

coronavirus 1 in 50 will die

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
    Although it won’t be 1 in 50. A friend of mine did warn similar, told me to liquidate everything at a similar time.

I didn’t listen and am currently stuck 6000 miles away from my family and worth 70% of what I was 6 weeks ago.
    So that's a score draw for your family.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      A bloke down the pub said we are all going to die from it.

Who do I believe?
      If he's right the meek will inherit the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
        If he's right the mice will inherit the earth.
        ftfy

Comment

If he's right the meek will inherit the Dearth.
          FTFY
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            FTFY
            Ta. Although it's generally agreed in motorbike circles that it will be Cockroaches riding Honda VFR's that will be left.

Comment

Nature "designs" viruses to self propagate and not actually kill the host. Because if it does terminate the host it cannot be spread. Hence Ebola outbreaks die off once proper isolation systems are put in place.

So the CoVID 19 virus version will by definition kill itself off. If it cannot spread it will die. If it cannot mutate so it doesn't kill the host it will also die.

Once it's taken out all the already vulnerable people the rest will have antibodies, and just like the common cold every year the "Flu Jab" will carry some dead virus to allow us to build up antibodies.

I still think the world is panicking over a bug that won't affect 99% of the population that has a good robust immune system. OK it will have a good go at taking out the already compromised population, drug takers who don't have any nasal hairs, people who take drugs that compromise their immune system, the old and sick, and the young and sick.

But it isn't the "Spanish Flu" type of attack that will kill millions. It isn't the "Black Death" kind of attack. Just a mutant strain.

Comment

Ta. Although it's generally agreed in motorbike circles that it will be Cockroaches riding Honda VFR's that will be left.
                Or people like me riding Old Airheads...
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  So, as you're an agent, still zero?
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
                    Does that mean UK house prices might come down a bit?
                    Looks that way now

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      FFS sake, really? I expect oPM to believe every piece of crap on the internet, but I expected better from the rest of you!

We're 2-3 months in, and so far we have had 9 cases in the UK, 8 of whom are now clear. All these cases had links to China/SE Asia.

At a 2% mortality rate, with shall we say 75m people in the whole UK, we'd only get 1.5 million deaths if EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the UK was infected.

Let's think about that again ..... in 2-3 months we have 9 cases. And yet you're suggesting in the next 10 months this will jump to THE WHOLE UK POPULATION of (no more than) 75m.

I say it again ... FFS
                      Remember the good old day’s when we had just 9 cases and idiots believed the government?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X