coronavirus 1 in 50 will die coronavirus 1 in 50 will die - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Posts 121 to 130 of 132
  1. #121

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH has reached the peak. Play again?

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21,848

    Default

    UK deaths for the year are about 62,000 above the average over the last 5 years.
    Those who support Boris will spin it to say “but they were all old/sick anyway”
    The ongoing health issues for those who have survived it will be a statistic that will be quietly forgotten.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  2. #122

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,189

    Default

    Is it worth pointing out there are quite a number of persistant issues that you could be left with even when you recover from it. It's not just about them that will live will live and them that won't will die. There will be a tulip load of people with long term issues after recovering. Just because the death rate is low is no reason to belittle the situation.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  3. #123

    More time posting than coding

    rogerfederer has more data than eek


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    You have a habit of making extremely dramatic posts, seems a bit rich calling anyone out (check out your opening post to this thread).

    You strike me as one of those types sharing military vehicles on the highways on WhatsApp when it all started.
    GhostofTarbera seems to only post when on the demon drink. If someone could buy the guy a small packet of mixed punctuation I think it would give us all an easier time comprehending the babble.

  4. #124

    More time posting than coding

    jayn200 has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Is it worth pointing out there are quite a number of persistant issues that you could be left with even when you recover from it. It's not just about them that will live will live and them that won't will die. There will be a tulip load of people with long term issues after recovering. Just because the death rate is low is no reason to belittle the situation.
    It's the lack of consistency in logic.

    The argument against banning tulip food and smoking has always been a combination of economy + personal choice.. both cause much much more death and destruction.

    Yet everyone is willing to bend over and give up all their freedom and give up the economy.

    Just be ******* consistent. Either people's health and lives matter or they don't.

    The reality is they don't matter and this is all political and politicians are just terrified of the media.

    Sweden got it right and they have been vindicated. Boris wanted to go the way or sweden and he got torn up in the media early on and had to change pathways.

  5. #125

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    30,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayn200 View Post
    It's the lack of consistency in logic.

    The argument against banning tulip food and smoking has always been a combination of economy + personal choice.. both cause much much more death and destruction.

    Yet everyone is willing to bend over and give up all their freedom and give up the economy.

    Just be ******* consistent. Either people's health and lives matter or they don't.

    The reality is they don't matter and this is all political and politicians are just terrified of the media.

    Sweden got it right and they have been vindicated. Boris wanted to go the way or sweden and he got torn up in the media early on and had to change pathways.
    Sweden haven't got it right.

    In comparison to their Nordic neighbours they have a higher percentage of excess deaths and a lower GDP. Like the UK their ethnic minorities are the group that are most affected.

    They also have lots of structural and demographic factors which means they are not a comparator. For example class sizes are much smaller than UK ones so children can social distance at school and their family make up is different. They also trust their government so follow public health advice.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 24th September 2020 at 06:15.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  6. #126

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH has reached the peak. Play again?

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayn200 View Post
    It's the lack of consistency in logic.
    Totally agree. Dominic/Boris have shown no logic. They have been consistent in ignoring their own advice, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by jayn200 View Post

    The reality is they don't matter and this is all political and politicians are just terrified of the media.
    False. Boris, JRM, Priti, etc, are not terrified of the media because they have convinced their worshippers that the media are the ones responsible for the spread of the virus.

    Quote Originally Posted by jayn200 View Post
    Sweden got it right and they have been vindicated. Boris wanted to go the way or sweden and he got torn up in the media early on and had to change pathways.
    Sweden's death rate is 5 times that of Denmark.
    It has the 5th highest death rate in Europe for countries with a population over 100,000. Behind Belgium (858), Spain (664), UK (616), and Italy (592). Next comes Sweden at 581 deaths per million.
    Denmark is 111, Finland is 62 Norway is 49. That's right, Norway is less than 1/10th the number of deaths per million, they locked down in April. Sweden didn't lock down, have lost 5,826 lives compared to Norway's 267, but you say that Sweden is vindicated?
    Do you live on planet Cummings?
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  7. #127

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen is always on top

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    30,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Denmark is 111, Finland is 62 Norway is 49. That's right, Norway is less than 1/10th the number of deaths per million, they locked down in April. Sweden didn't lock down, have lost 5,826 lives compared to Norway's 267, but you say that Sweden is vindicated?
    Some people are too lazy to look at sites that give excess death statistics themselves and just read right-wing news sources.

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Do you live on planet Cummings?
    I didn't realise jayn200 believed in eugenics.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  8. #128

    Super poster

    Whorty - scorchio!

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    4,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Sure captain hindsight

    What’s your predictions for 6 months time ?
    I predict the government will continue to cock up their response and the public will continue to ignore common sense. These together will give us a higher infection and death rate than we should be experiencing.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

  9. #129

    Fingers like lightning

    TheGreenBastard is NOT a disguised employee

    TheGreenBastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    1 in 50 will die, that is still as certain back in feb as is today , I’ve no tin foil hat

    You strike me as a someone who is spoonfed by the media and believes Boris coronavirus 1 in 50 will die

    I bet you voted brexit
    I get all my news from CUK. Boris is a buffoon.

    Wrong again on Brexit.

    What odds are you giving me on your 1 in 50? Might as well make it a wager.

  10. #130

    More time posting than coding

    jayn200 has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Sweden haven't got it right.

    In comparison to their Nordic neighbours they have a higher percentage of excess deaths and a lower GDP. Like the UK their ethnic minorities are the group that are most affected.

    They also have lots of structural and demographic factors which means they are not a comparator. For example class sizes are much smaller than UK ones so children can social distance at school and their family make up is different. They also trust their government so follow public health advice.
    Selective comparisons. What is the rationale for comparing them solely to finland and norway?

    You actually hit the real reason but disguised it. Sweden has 2-3 times the percentage of ethnic minorities vs finland and norway.

    They are much more comparable to western europe when you look at a lot of their demographics and they did on par with western europe...

    All without compromising the freedom and rights of their citizens and residents.

    Again I reiterate I am not right wing, I am an immigrant myself. I vote in 2 countries and have never voted for a conservative party in my life.

    I just value freedom a lot. I value my health as well but I don't think most people value theirs. Either you care or you don't. The government can't honestly say they care while cigarettes and tulip food are legal. Someone whose 50 kilos overweight but scared of coronavirus is just stupid, that 50kg is statistically more likely to kill them then that coronavirus is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •