• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

coronavirus 1 in 50 will die

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Friend of mine at the MoD says it's all a fuss about nothing and it's just like 'flu.
    It's not like 'flu. It's like a cold. It's R0 (number of people each infected person infects) is currently estimated between 1.5 and 3.5. With normal 'flu, typically 0.05% people who get it die. With this corona virus, it's currently around 2%. Its exacerbating factor is that you can be infectious for up to 14 days without symptoms. Symptoms are the usual cold-like symptoms of headache and fever, coupled with shortness of breath.

You can keep track of current data at COVID19info.live: Real-time Updates & Stats for the Coronavirus
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Friend of mine at the MoD says it's all a fuss about nothing and it's just like 'flu.
      Your friend at the MoD is at best incorrect, at worst, lying.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
      The Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is not related to or a form of the flu (Influenza), it is part of the family of Coronaviruses which includes MERS and SARS.
      The virus is very serious, please follow the guidance of your local authorities and if you believe you may have symptoms contact them immediately.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Yeah but also - umm mask's do not help as the virus is small enough to get through the holes.

The Fear of the Coronavirus, and the Reality of the Flu | HCPLive

Comment

A bloke down the pub said we are all going to die from it.

Who do I believe?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            I think it will peak before Christmas - Summer more like, this is an extremely infectious disease. R0 is nearly 50x that of the flu.

The economic hit is going to be phenomenal. Nevermind us, contractors, everyone is going to not get paid. Everything is going to change.
            As long as house prices drop, it is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              A bloke down the pub said we are all going to die from it.

Who do I believe?
              How pissed was the bloke at the pub? If he looked like he was 3 sheets to the wind then he's your local GP - I'd believe him.

He's likely to be found very soon zipped in a bag in his own bath. Wardrobe full of Women's clothes is I believe optional.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                How pissed was the bloke at the pub? If he looked like he was 3 sheets to the wind then he's your local GP - I'd believe him.
                He was a really small bloke. But kept telling me he was 6'10" tall and an expert in Krav Maga. He also said he was married to an Irish lady - which I can't believe as I can't see any woman marrying him.

Still sounds more likely than LM having a friend.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  He was a really small bloke. But kept telling me he was 6'10" tall and an expert in Krav Maga. He also said he was married to an Irish lady - which I can't believe as I can't see any woman marrying him.

Still sounds more likely than LM having a friend.....
                  Indeed. In that case they'll have no problem getting his body in the bag...

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    If that were true and I knew that information I’d like to think I’d have the good sense not to publish that on a public Internet forum.

Please don’t tell me you don’t know why.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      Yay we can hold a new referendum after this when all the gammon faces are gone and rejoin the EU
                      As has been well proven in the sub-forum, the red faced indignant outraged huffers-and-puffers are you lot not us lot. Beware nCoV19, it's bound to spread more rapidly by Freedom of Movement. Island nations more likely to survive

Comment

Working...
                      X