• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

coronavirus 1 in 50 will die

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Golden Record View Post
    Been on a bit of a world tour myself these past few weeks and it was only on arriving at a UK airport did I see the men in spacesuit.s. So either we're overreacting or the ROTW is being overly blase.
    I'd say FOAD but you've already gone you waste of space.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      The answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

I told her bollocks, but she said you need to get it now and survive otherwise the future strains will have a higher mortally rate ..
        Normally viruses and diseases tend to become less virulent over time.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

I remember one contractor who cashed in all his pension, moved it to physical gold and proceeded to tell the entire office about it. In any "Planet of the Apes" situation the first thing I would do is get tooled up, be around his house and have his gold straight off of him.
          That may be easier said than done, because the snag is none of us knows where Dimprawn lives!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            That may be easier said than done, because the snag is none of us knows where Dimprawn lives!
            Swindon?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              And so it begins, low key, soon it will be 100 hotels

A hotel near Heathrow airport has been closed to the public and designated as a potential coronavirus quarantine centre as health officials prepare for more cases in the UK.

The Holiday Inn Heathrow Ariel hotel, on Bath Road, closed on Saturday with staff told it would not re-open for bookings until March at the earliest.

Sources told The Independent the hotel has been block booked as a potential quarantine zone for international visitors to the UK who develop coronavirus or for Britons evacuated to the UK from overseas.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              Sounds like a sensible plan. Is the hotel large enough to cater for 70m sufferers?
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                The other question might be "wtf is the use of gold if it's the end of the fecking world"?

You can't eat it.

You could make bullets out of it if you've run short of lead.

It's no good for shooting werewolves since you need silver for that.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  The other question might be "wtf is the use of gold if it's the end of the fecking world"?

You can't eat it.

You could make bullets out of it if you've run short of lead.

It's no good for shooting werewolves since you need silver for that.

HTH.
                  May as well use bottle caps as a method of exchange...
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Sounds like a sensible plan. Is the hotel large enough to cater for 70m sufferers?
                    No need. The Holiday Inn has been converted into a human meat rendering plant to supply the Thistle Hotel breakfast buffet.

Comment

David Abel, the British tourist who has provided updates while quarantined on the Diamond Princess cruise ship, says he and his wife Sally have been tested positive for coronavirus.
                      The passenger wrote in a Facebook post that it would be a "time of quiet" after being "proved positive".
                      But he later said in a comment to friends that he "doubted" whether the test was positive.
                      He also said he had shown no symptoms.
                      In a subsequent post he added that he "smelled a rat" and believed there was a conspiracy to keep passengers quiet.
                      His son Steve later appeared on BBC Breakfast and said he is also in the dark about what is going on and he feared his parents may become separated in Japan.

Yes let’s fly infected people back to the UK for millions of pounds - best idea ever

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X