• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

coronavirus 1 in 50 will die

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm movement already advising anyone with flu like symptoms to stay at home for 14 days. Public sector permmies will love that!
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      If the post starts off with you saying you have a friend the rest must be a bit difficult to believe as well.....
      Damn.. rumbled yet again

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Your friend at the MoD is at best incorrect, at worst, lying.
        Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        It's not like 'flu. It's like a cold. It's R0 (number of people each infected person infects) is currently estimated between 1.5 and 3.5. With normal 'flu, typically 0.05% people who get it die. With this corona virus, it's currently around 2%. Its exacerbating factor is that you can be infectious for up to 14 days without symptoms. Symptoms are the usual cold-like symptoms of headache and fever, coupled with shortness of breath.

You can keep track of current data at COVID19info.live: Real-time Updates & Stats for the Coronavirus
        Yeah, yeah. I'm just repeating what I was told. The person sharing is an anti-vaxxer so I take their comments with a pinch of salt. The gist was that it's been blown out of proportion by the media.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Yeah, yeah. I'm just repeating what I was told. The person sharing is an anti-vaxxer so I take their comments with a pinch of salt. The gist was that it's been blown out of proportion by the media.
          Contrails man! It's in the air all around us! It's the Babylon stickin' it to us!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

FFS sake, really? I expect oPM to believe every piece of crap on the internet, but I expected better from the rest of you!

We're 2-3 months in, and so far we have had 9 cases in the UK, 8 of whom are now clear. All these cases had links to China/SE Asia.

At a 2% mortality rate, with shall we say 75m people in the whole UK, we'd only get 1.5 million deaths if EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the UK was infected.

Let's think about that again ..... in 2-3 months we have 9 cases. And yet you're suggesting in the next 10 months this will jump to THE WHOLE UK POPULATION of (no more than) 75m.

I say it again ... FFS
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

In the same way that not vaccinating your child does not result in herd immunity failing.

If you'd given us that information earlier we could have treated the information with the respect it deserve. Tarbera's mate is right - the opposite of what the anti-vaxxer believes is clearly the truth.

Actually I do think Tarbera is right, anyone who seems to know about these things thinks this is the one they've been waiting for and fearing.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                <Usual bollocks from the usual fuqwit>
                Shame, I was hoping you'd died in a pool of your own snot.

Oh well, there's always next weekend.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  Stay off the Meth ...
                  On the other hand, staying on the meth may be the best prevention. Alcohol will kill the virus.

I think I'll go full hobo and reserve a park bench before they all get taken. Seems many contractors will be on the bench soon.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    In the same way that not vaccinating your child does not result in herd immunity failing.

If you'd given us that information earlier we could have treated the information with the respect it deserve. Tarbera's mate is right - the opposite of what the anti-vaxxer believes is clearly the truth.

Actually I do think Tarbera is right, anyone who seems to know about these things thinks this is the one they've been waiting for and fearing.
                    Why fearing? Its about time. Way too many people on the planet.

Comment

The gist was that it's been blown out of proportion by the media.
                      We are told that there are approx. 11000 + deaths from flu and related issues each year in the UK. However, only the most serious cases are confined to bed in hospital. We are told that Coronavirus is less serious than a mild case of flu. Don't forget that the criteria for deciding if you have flu is that you can't pick up a £50 note off the floor.

However, we apparently see large warehouses etc in China being converted to contain hundreds of beds which seem to contain many who are supposedly infected. If the virus is less dangerous than flu, why these large "hospitals"?

Comment

Working...
                      X