• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

coronavirus 1 in 50 will die

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    And so it begins, low key, soon it will be 100 hotels

A hotel near Heathrow airport has been closed to the public and designated as a potential coronavirus quarantine centre as health officials prepare for more cases in the UK.

The Holiday Inn Heathrow Ariel hotel, on Bath Road, closed on Saturday with staff told it would not re-open for bookings until March at the earliest.

Sources told The Independent the hotel has been block booked as a potential quarantine zone for international visitors to the UK who develop coronavirus or for Britons evacuated to the UK from overseas.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Poor people that get sent there. I wonder if they points for their stay?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      As has been well proven in the sub-forum, the red faced indignant outraged huffers-and-puffers are you lot not us lot.
      Ah bless. I think you really believe that.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Why fearing? Its about time. Way too many people on the planet.
      Anyone who believes that is morally obligated to make arranges to go to infection hot spots, war zones etc...

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Yeah, yeah. I'm just repeating what I was told. The person sharing is an anti-vaxxer so I take their comments with a pinch of salt. The gist was that it's been blown out of proportion by the media.
      The UK press certainly seem to be more hysterical than the media of other European countries. However, this really could end up with a lot of people, including people you know, dying. Or it might not. No-one knows yet.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        And so it begins, low key, soon it will be 100 hotels

A hotel near Heathrow airport has been closed to the public and designated as a potential coronavirus quarantine centre as health officials prepare for more cases in the UK.

The Holiday Inn Heathrow Ariel hotel, on Bath Road, closed on Saturday with staff told it would not re-open for bookings until March at the earliest.

Sources told The Independent the hotel has been block booked as a potential quarantine zone for international visitors to the UK who develop coronavirus or for Britons evacuated to the UK from overseas.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        Heathrow Thistle next?

Comment

Poor people that get sent there. I wonder if they points for their stay?
          No, their stay will be pointless...

Comment

It was supposed to be selective not sective, yes.

I have a habit of hitting the backspace key instead of l or m on my phone keypad and not always noticing. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
            my keyboard is old and doesn't work properly sometimes, just like me!

Comment

It’s all very well you laughing at the OP, but wait until the coronavirus combines with avian flu and infect all false widow spiders causing them to mutate to the size of ponies. Doesn’t matter anyway, Jeane Dixon has predicted the end of the world in 2020. OK, she previously predicted February 1962, but ask yourselves, what are the chances of her being wrong TWICE. Glad I spent my life savings on Brexit survival packs. At least I’ll have plenty tinned food and toilet tolls to get me through the crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by Si666 View Post
                It’s all very well you laughing at the OP, but wait until the coronavirus combines with avian flu and infect all false widow spiders causing them to mutate to the size of ponies. Doesn’t matter anyway, Jeane Dixon has predicted the end of the world in 2020. OK, she previously predicted February 1962, but ask yourselves, what are the chances of her being wrong TWICE. Glad I spent my life savings on Brexit survival packs. At least I’ll have plenty tinned food and toilet tolls to get me through the crisis.
                Idiot. You're doomed without a radiator key
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Si666 View Post
                  You should have gotten firearms license instead!

AtW in “SupremeSpod” mode!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

What are you going to do with an FAC, eat it?
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I remember one contractor who cashed in all his pension, moved it to physical gold and proceeded to tell the entire office about it. In any "Planet of the Apes" situation the first thing I would do is get tooled up, be around his house and have his gold straight off of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X