• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

coronavirus 1 in 50 will die

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    David Abel, the British tourist who has provided updates while quarantined on the Diamond Princess cruise ship, says he and his wife Sally have been tested positive for coronavirus.
    The passenger wrote in a Facebook post that it would be a "time of quiet" after being "proved positive".
    But he later said in a comment to friends that he "doubted" whether the test was positive.
    He also said he had shown no symptoms.
    In a subsequent post he added that he "smelled a rat" and believed there was a conspiracy to keep passengers quiet.
    His son Steve later appeared on BBC Breakfast and said he is also in the dark about what is going on and he feared his parents may become separated in Japan.

Yes let’s fly infected people back to the UK for millions of pounds - best idea ever

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Yeah mate, if they were your parents I'd leave 'em to rot.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Yeah mate, if they were your parents I'd leave 'em to rot.
      Stuck in a luxury boat is hardly leaving them to rot

Comment

And so it begins, low key, soon it will be 100 hotels

A hotel near Heathrow airport has been closed to the public and designated as a potential coronavirus quarantine centre as health officials prepare for more cases in the UK.

The Holiday Inn Heathrow Ariel hotel, on Bath Road, closed on Saturday with staff told it would not re-open for bookings until March at the earliest.

Sources told The Independent the hotel has been block booked as a potential quarantine zone for international visitors to the UK who develop coronavirus or for Britons evacuated to the UK from overseas.

Thabnk God it was not the Thistle! I would have been distraught.

Comment

David Abel, the British Tory supporting tourist who has provided updates while quarantined on the Diamond Princess cruise ship, says he and his wife Sally have been tested positive for coronavirus.
          The passenger wrote in a Facebook post that it would be a "time of quiet" after being "proved positive".
          But he later said in a comment to friends that he "doubted" whether the test was positive.
          He also said he had shown no symptoms.
          In a subsequent post he added that he "smelled a rat" and believed there was a conspiracy to keep passengers quiet.
          His son Steve later appeared on BBC Breakfast and said he is also in the dark about what is going on and he feared his parents may become separated in Japan.

Yes let’s fly infected people back to the UK for millions of pounds - best idea ever

FTFY

Comment

The internal discussions are really bad. But I've heard the content of the off the record discussions at the highest level and they are

Still, the wife is getting put into quarantine as soon as she sees one case.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Still, the wife is getting put into quarantine as soon as she sees one case.
              I would imagine she will be pleased to get a break from you.

Comment

Canary Wharf in lockdown

Here we go

Comment

Canary Wharf in lockdown

Here we go

One can almost hear the wailing and breastbeating from here...............

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Canary Wharf in lockdown

Here we go

Pussies, I thought traders were meant to die at their desks, that's what they get paid the mega bucks for.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      Pussies, I thought traders were meant to die at their desks, that's what they get paid the mega bucks for.
                      Not everyone who works in Canary Wharf is a trader. These people can also all WFH ... I mean, who doesn't these days. I've been 100% WFH with the odd trip into the office for a couple of years now.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X