• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

coronavirus 1 in 50 will die

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Remember the good old day’s when we had just 9 cases and idiots believed the government?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    And 10 months in we still haven't reached 75m infections. Who'd have thunk it? Maybe ask Scooty to model why it's highly (and I mean HIGHLY) unlikely that 100% of any population would ever become infected with a virus.

We had so many deaths the first time because our lovely government put those most at risk from the virus in the firing line. 25% of infections were caught INSIDE hospitals. 25% of deaths were related to care homes (care homes that had potentially infected people dumped into them to clear hospital beds).

We knew back then who the most vulnerable were - it hasn't changed. As reported earlier today, infection rates are increasing but it's mostly in the 15-45 age range and these are low impact patients.

We need to continue to support the most vulnerable - nothing has changed there. We failed to do that the first time around - let's see how well we do it this time eh?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Remember the good old day’s when we had just 9 cases and idiots believed the government?

You have a habit of making extremely dramatic posts, seems a bit rich calling anyone out (check out your opening post to this thread).

You strike me as one of those types sharing military vehicles on the highways on WhatsApp when it all started.

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf
        Does that mean UK house prices might come down a bit?
        Looks that way now
        If we're going to look at old posts .... how's this one? House prices went up

Comment

coronavirus 1 in 50 will die

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
          You have a habit of making extremely dramatic posts, seems a bit rich calling anyone out (check out your opening post to this thread).

You strike me as one of those types sharing military vehicles on the highways on WhatsApp when it all started.
          1 in 50 will die, that is still as certain back in feb as is today , I’ve no tin foil hat

You strike me as a someone who is spoonfed by the media and believes Boris [emoji4]

I bet you voted brexit

Last edited by GhostofTarbera; 23 September 2020, 18:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            If we're going to look at old posts .... how's this one? House prices went up
            We can revisit in 9 months after the crash

Rentals are already down 30% in London

Comment

We can revisit in 9 months after the crash

Rentals are already down 30% in London

You're starting to sound like Scooty ...... "this time next year (or some other non-specific time in the future, maybe) I'll be right"

You're deflecting - your original post was house prices, and now you're changing it to rentals.

Comment

1 in 50 will die, that is still as certain back in feb as is today , I’ve no tin foil hat

You strike me as a someone who is spoonfed by the media and believes Boris [emoji4]

I bet you voted brexit
                As I posted

- 25% of infections first time round happened in hospitals.
                - 25,000 people were kicked out of hospital beds and sent back to care homes
                - c.25% of those who died in the first peak were in care homes
                - the majority of positive testing now are in the range of 15-45 years old and they are having mild symptoms

Had the Tories protected those most vulnerable first time around the death rate would almost certainly have been lower.

It was 'certain' in Feb because of the above. It didn't have to be so. We know more now, so it doesn't have to be so this time around. It will depend how the government manage the next 6 months, and how the idiot population act.

Comment

I bet you voted brexit

50 out of 50 will die of something at some point but fatality rate is closer to 1-3 in 1000, almost exclusively elderly and sick individuals (not that their deaths don't matter)

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    As I posted

- 25% of infections first time round happened in hospitals.
                    - 25,000 people were kicked out of hospital beds and sent back to care homes
                    - c.25% of those who died in the first peak were in care homes
                    - the majority of positive testing now are in the range of 15-45 years old and they are having mild symptoms

Had the Tories protected those most vulnerable first time around the death rate would almost certainly have been lower.

It was 'certain' in Feb because of the above. It didn't have to be so. We know more now, so it doesn't have to be so this time around. It will depend how the government manage the next 6 months, and how the idiot population act.
                    Sure captain hindsight

What’s your predictions for 6 months time ?

Comment

No everyone will die eventually.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X