• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facebook is going down the toilet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may set up Amazooglebook as some kind of "social media site" seeing as I own one variant of the domain name. I won't offer anything useful, just harvest your data and sell it to the highest bidder. Discounted sign up fees to first 1m users to register. Sockies welcome with valid credit card details. Winner!

Comment

FB has been going down the pan since it was proved that about 50% of the accounts are fake, made up by people to farm likes and get paid.

And also the fact that Zombieberg is clearly just harvesting all your dataz.

But I think the main nail in the facebook coffin for me was mainly cos I ain't got that many people I want to be friends with - those that i do I try and meet and do my update in person.

The rest - well if I do not want to make the time to meet them in person then chances are I do not want to read their posts about their child/dinner/dog/whatever.

TL;DR

I got no mates!

Comment

I do not want to read their posts about their child/dinner/dog/whatever
        You can do that on TPD anyway.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
        X