• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facebook is going down the toilet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook is going down the toilet

Lost count of the number of people I've snoozed or unfollowed since the Christmas break. Not all for the same reason either.....
    • Old people who insist on posting every spam thing doing the rounds
    • Women now posting nothing but baby pics. I followed you for your cleavage pics, wench!
    • Liverpool fans. Tedious at best.
    • Political experts from a council estate, so wise that they're stuck in their slum dwelling.
    • Extremists of the left and right, both unable to change their ways but thinking they can change others

Sadly I need Facebook to stay in touch with family and other friends as well as a couple of sports groups. There must be easier ways.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Lost count of the number of people I've snoozed or unfollowed since the Christmas break. Not all for the same reason either.....
    • Women now posting nothing but baby pics. I followed you for your cleavage pics, wench!
    • Political experts from a council estate, so wise that they're stuck in their slum dwelling.
    • Extremists of the left and right, both unable to change their ways but thinking they can change others

Sadly I need Facebook to stay in touch with family and other friends as well as a couple of sports groups. There must be easier ways.
    Set up a WhatsApp group just for your family members - that's what my Mrs has done and I stay the hell away from it!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Sounds a bit like here too.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Sounds a bit like here too.
        You reap what you sow.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Closed my account back in 2014

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Closed my account back in 2014
            Closed my account in 1985

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Never joined. Always sounded totally naff to me.

However, it's a godsend for employers, Police, HMRC, DWP Fraud Office etc.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I gave up about 2 years or so ago. Vastly reduced my use of WhatsApp and Instagram too.

I can't say I miss FB at all.

Actually lost some friends because of it as they felt I was being selfish...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I gave up about 2 years or so ago. Vastly reduced my use of WhatsApp and Instagram too.

I can't say I miss FB at all.

Actually lost some friends because of it as they felt I was being selfish...

Don’t you dare to quit on CUK tho!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Don’t you dare to quit on CUK tho!
                    Ditto....

We need someone to organise next year's Xmas do....

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X