• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vegans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It's not vegans, or gays or trans folk who are a problem - it vegan activists, gay activists, trans activists. Activists just seem to be vile people intent on assigning to the camps anyone who disagrees with them. As Giles Coren put it - Woke Macht Frei.
    Gay activists were the people struggling to stop people like you imprisoning them.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      It's not vegans, or gays or trans folk who are a problem - it vegan activists, gay activists, trans activists. Activists just seem to be vile people intent on assigning to the camps anyone who disagrees with them. As Giles Coren put it - Woke Macht Frei.
      And to be fair a good number of those people detest the activists more than the rest who aren't really affected as they feel the fall out the activists stir up.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

This debate is interesting because it blurs the lines between the things we would normally do for a person regarding food (provide vegetarian foods at work dos, accomodating people with allergies) with things that are purely imaginary such as "vegan pensions" or not being required to purchase meat based food for others in the office.

Overall, this is just a bunch of clickbait. I don't think it will be too difficult for companies to find a working middle ground, like they did for vegetarians. Most companies will happily provide special meals on days out, but most companies would also tell a vegetarian who demands a special fridge shelf to p*ss off.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Gay activists were the people struggling to stop people like you imprisoning them.
          People like me? That's the kind of language people used to use against gays. I've never advocated locking up gay people. If I was readily identifiable I'd sue you for libel. Anyway, I'm talking about the modern activists, who tend to be more care more about pushing their ideology than they do about people.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            I assume he's talking about modern day, rather than historically.

I went to Pride last year. I found it less a show of solidarity and more an orgy of sexual deviancy.

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
              I went to Pride last year. I found it less a show of solidarity and more an orgy of sexual deviancy.
              Which is why you've definite plans to go this year.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

A few years ago we were at Download. I'd taken my son to get a burger from one of the dodgy food vans that frequent festivals. He commented on how crap the burger was. Then this woman came up to us from nowhere, remonstrating that a cow had to die to make that burger! We just laughed at her and told her to politely sod off.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                  A few years ago we were at Download. I'd taken my son to get a burger from one of the dodgy food vans that frequent festivals. He commented on how crap the burger was. Then this woman came up to us from nowhere, remonstrating that a cow had to die to make that burger! We just laughed at her and told her to politely sod off.
                  I like Vegans if they are not from the UK and North America as they treat their lifestyle and/or religious choice as a matter of fact and don't preach to you about animals.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                    People seem increasingly less willing to live and let live. No matter if it's religion or new quasi-religions such as veganism for some reason there are people who feel they have the right to lecture you about how you should live.

I have no issue with people putting the case for veganism or whatever but then it is down to the individual to take it on board if they wish.
                    Last edited by PlanB; 19 February 2020, 16:58.

Comment

The thing is, a lot of them now are 'vegan' because it's fashionable. If they're happy to eat a vegan burger from KFC, they're not vegan imo. In fact, most of them think eating a plant based diet makes them vegan. It doesn't.
                      If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Working...
                      X