• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vegans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some veggie burgers can actually be quite delicious.

Comment

OK, go on, I'll take the bait ....

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      If Philip Schofield had left his wife for a younger woman because he wanted someone with pert tits he would have been vilified.
      Would he? Plenty famous people leave their partner and don't get vilified. Why would he be treated differently?

But because he left her for another man and came out as gay he is seen as a hero.
      He didn't leave his wife for another man. You just made that up. He specifically said he wasn't dating men and, at the time of coming out, had no intention of dating men any time soon.

What is the difference because ultimately he cheated on his wife and left her - so why is one seen as acceptable and one not?
      No he didn't. You're lying.

It's acceptable because those people directly impacted by this (Philip, his wife, his children, their wider family) all say it's acceptable. His wife is not offended by him coming out as gay so why do you feel you have to be offended on her behalf?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Would he? Plenty famous people leave their partner and don't get vilified
        They may not be vilified, but they're not usually lauded.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          They may not be vilified, but they're not usually lauded.
          True, but oPM specifically said vilified. He is, as always, wrong.

Comment

True, but oPM specifically said vilified. He is, as always, wrong.
            Of course he is wrong! He is married.....

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
              In fact, most of them think eating a plant based diet makes them vegan. It doesn't.
              When vegans try to out-vegan each other

What level vegan are you?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Of course he is wrong! He is married.....
                I'm married, and I'm never wrong *

* so long as I do exactly as my wife tells me

Comment

OK, go on, I'll take the bait ....

Would he? Plenty famous people leave their partner and don't get vilified. Why would he be treated differently?

He didn't leave his wife for another man. You just made that up. He specifically said he wasn't dating men and, at the time of coming out, had no intention of dating men any time soon.

No he didn't. You're lying.

It's acceptable because those people directly impacted by this (Philip, his wife, his children, their wider family) all say it's acceptable. His wife is not offended by him coming out as gay so why do you feel you have to be offended on her behalf?
                  Adrift from the story much?

He came out because he was going to be outed by a red top rag that had been tipped off by a runner who he had been seeing. While his intention may not be to have more bum sex after Matthew McGreevy, his wife declared that she had known for years that he liked the cock.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
                    When vegans try to out-vegan each other

What level vegan are you?
                    Who do you mix with? Is one of them your mate Tony?

I have vegan and vege friends and none of mine are like this. You would only know my mates are vegan or vege when we go out for grub and they select a vege/vegan meal (and even then only if you asked them!)

As in all walks of life, there are extremists and then there is the majority.
                    Last edited by Whorty; 20 February 2020, 08:22.

Comment

Who do you mix with? Is one of them your mate Tony?

I have vegan and vege friends and none of mine are like this. You would only know my mates are vegan or vege when we go out for grub and they select a vege/vegan meal (and even then only if you asked them!)

As in all walks of life, there are extremists and then there is the majority.
                      Nothing I hate more than going out with a group that includes a vegetarian/vegan.

You never end up anywhere good and if you're forced to go to a vegan/vege place, ugh, the worst. Other places are expected to have a vegetarian option but never the other way around

I'd rather eat a tesco meal deal

Comment

Working...
                      X