• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vegans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever happened with vegetarians, they seem to have been wiped off of the face of the Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
      Nothing I hate more than going out with a group that includes a vegetarian/vegan.

You never end up anywhere good and if you're forced to go to a vegan/vege place, ugh, the worst. Other places are expected to have a vegetarian option but never the other way around

I'd rather eat a tesco meal deal
      With an attitude like that, I'd get used to the tesco meal deal as you sound like kill joy that no one wants to invite out

Wife and I have more mates who are vege/vegan than not and we never have any problems. Traveled to loads of countries with them and always found places to eat that cater for all of us.

And for the record, I'm a carnivore - couldn't be as far away from a vegan if i tried.
      Last edited by Whorty; 20 February 2020, 09:54.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
        When vegans try to out-vegan each other

What level vegan are you?
        I'm not. I'm simply saying that a lot of 'vegans' at the moment actually don't know what a vegan is..
        If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Adrift from the story much?

He came out because he was going to be outed by a red top rag that had been tipped off by a runner who he had been seeing. While his intention may not be to have more bum sex after Matthew McGreevy, his wife declared that she had known for years that he liked the cock.
          Gossip, but seems that's all you need to believe them as facts. You're on the wrong forum bud, you need to head over to Mumsnet

So long as he hasn't broken any laws. So long as he, his wife and his family and friends are not bothered by all this. Why the fook do you nobodies care? Why not look to your own sad lives, rather than gossiping about others?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
            The thing is, a lot of them now are 'vegan' because it's fashionable. If they're happy to eat a vegan burger from KFC, they're not vegan imo. In fact, most of them think eating a plant based diet makes them vegan. It doesn't.
            It depends did the plants grow with the help of animal fertilizer or pure artificial chemicals used as fertilizer, if the former it's not vegan.

Comment

When there's a vegan substitute for this, then I'll contemplate going vegan!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                People like me? That's the kind of language people used to use against gays. I've never advocated locking up gay people. If I was readily identifiable I'd sue you for libel. Anyway, I'm talking about the modern activists, who tend to be more care more about pushing their ideology than they do about people.
                You're a Christian, aren't you?

People like you are always against the modern activists.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Whatever happened with vegetarians, they seem to have been wiped off of the face of the Earth?
                  We're just less shouty. When I was a vegan, the worst thing about it was other vegans. I used to spend a fair amount of time winding them up and them revealing that I was a vegan.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    We're just less shouty. When I was a vegan, the worst thing about it was other vegans. I used to spend a fair amount of time winding them up and them revealing that I was a vegan.
                    That's true. I have two friends who are vegetarian & I quite often forget that they are. In contrast, a vegan will usually announce it the first time you meet them. Well, the ones I've met have anyway.
                    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Too weak to breed.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X