• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vegans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
    If they're happy to eat a vegan burger from KFC, they're not vegan imo.
    Why's that? Saw a funny sign in KFC saying essentially they are vegan as long as you don't add cheese or other non vegan stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Gossip, but seems that's all you need to believe them as facts. You're on the wrong forum bud, you need to head over to Mumsnet

So long as he hasn't broken any laws. So long as he, his wife and his family and friends are not bothered by all this. Why the fook do you nobodies care? Why not look to your own sad lives, rather than gossiping about others?
      Oddball. You're probably the sort championing him as a hero.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
        Why's that? Saw a funny sign in KFC saying essentially they are vegan as long as you don't add cheese or other non vegan stuff.
        Supporting a company that makes it's money out of selling meat products. Not very vegan really.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Supporting a company that makes it's money out of selling meat products. Not very vegan really.
          Yes, this.
          If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

While sat there with a leather belt and leather shoes on....
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Eating a vegan sandwich is vegan. The rest just seems to be some funny ideas that might differ from my funny ideas.

How about eating a veggie burger from Mcdonalds? Is that vegetarian?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Oddball. You're probably the sort championing him as a hero.
                Really? Care to point out where I have either praised or criticised him? I have no view on him coming out, or how he and his wife choose to live their lives.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Wife and I have more mates who are vege/vegan than not and we never have any problems. Traveled to loads of countries with them and always found places to eat that cater for all of us.
                  You mean, found places that cater for *them*.

If you fancy a burger, or a steak, you're out of luck. Even if they have a vege option, it's rare that vegetarians in the group actually want to eat it. They'd rather go to some wanky vegetarian cafe.

All the parties I have are BBQs at my gaff, they're pretty good except that one time we had to stand around and bbq some vegetarian 'burgers' for someone before anyone else could eat, because we weren't allowed to put them on the bbq grill after meat had touched it :eyeroll:

Re above, there's different types of veganism, if you're an ethical vegan then you're against the industry not just against eating it yourself. It really does get worse for everyone else than keeping quiet and avoiding eating meat...
                  Last edited by FIERCE TANK BATTLE; 20 February 2020, 15:07.

Comment

Eating a vegan sandwich is vegan. The rest just seems to be some funny ideas that might differ from my funny ideas.
                    It's actually not. Just having a plant based diet doesn't make you a vegan. It the whole lifestyle around not being associated with animal products.

How about eating a veggie burger from Mcdonalds? Is that vegetarian?

Yes it is. Being a vegetarian is purely about diet.
                    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                      It's actually not. Just having a plant based diet doesn't make you a vegan. It the whole lifestyle around not being associated with animal products.

Yes it is. Being a vegetarian is purely about diet.
                      Not true I know a lot of people who will not eat meat as a matter of principle but will happily consume other diary products - generally where the animal is not killed during the process - so cheese, eggs milk etc are on the menu.

Vegans obviously do not consume any animal products.

I wonder - if the bomb dropped and it was eat rat meat or die the vegans would prefer death?

I personally think it is highly unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                      X