• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vogons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Just discovered that Paul Neil Milne Johnstone died in 2004.
    He was the original. From Beehive Court, Beehive Villas, Redbridge
    Unlike the fictional Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings who lived in Wasp Villas, Greenbridge,
    You're JohnTheBike in drag, aren't you?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      You're JohnTheBike in drag, aren't you?

Nope, but I know a bit of the history of H2G2.

Adams and Johnstone went to school together and in the early versions of the books, Johnstone was named as the worst poet in the universe. Johnstone then wanted it changed as he was a businessman running a media company, so Adams created Paula Jennings, but made clear reference back to Paul.

If you don't like H2G2, those facts, like the rest of this thread, are probably best avoided.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I got a drink out of a vogon once. Bill Wallis bought a round at his son's 18th birthday bash. Cool story, I know.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Nope, but I know a bit of the history of H2G2.

Adams and Johnstone went to school together and in the early versions of the books, Johnstone was named as the worst poet in the universe. Johnstone then wanted it changed as he was a businessman running a media company, so Adams created Paula Jennings, but made clear reference back to Paul.

If you don't like H2G2, those facts, like the rest of this thread, are probably best avoided.
          Very inneresting.

Another inneresting fact is that i play HHGTTG under CP/M on my home designed and built Z80 and Z180 computers.

How's that for a furry analgesic?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Very inneresting.

Another inneresting fact is that i play HHGTTG under CP/M on my home designed and built Z80 and Z180 computers.

How's that for a furry analgesic?
            Are you saying that you accept what I posted was factual, and now you feel the need to change the subject?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Are you saying that you accept what I posted was factual, and now you feel the need to change the subject?
              I don't know if it's factual and I certainly wasn't changing the subject.

Also, which part of "Another inneresting fact" did you not understand to be acknowledging your "fact"?

Just asking so that I can ensure you don't make that mistake again.
              Last edited by Zigenare; 20 February 2020, 12:34.

Comment

Working...
              X