• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrorist gun killing in Germany

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Nope, not what I said at all. As usual you're trying to twist my words.

Are IS predominantly white? I don't think so. Was Robert Mugabe white? Nope
    I don't have it in for white people. My dislike is for right wing extremists who preach hatred, fear and death.

In an earlier post on this thread, which you carefully ignored as it didn't suit your rhetoric, I said Right wing <> white.
    Tell me where I have said that you must be white to be a far right extremist.
    Now who's twisting?
    You previously said "most shootings are carried out by far-right extremists" and I think we've established that is patently not true, even allowing for your convoluted definition of what a far-right extremist actually is.

I said Right wing <> white.
    And I ignored it because the thread of your original argument was somewhat flawed (see above). Was Mugabe a far-right extremist? You're starting to sound a bit silly now.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Now who's twisting?
      You previously said "most shootings are carried out by far-right extremists" and I think we've established that is patently not true, even allowing for your convoluted definition of what a far-right extremist actually is.
      You’ve established nothing, apart from confirming your narrow definition of far right extremism being solely based on skin colour.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What is the difference, in your opinion?
        Race extremists hate other groups of people for what they are. There is nothing a non-white person can do to change their race. The end goal is extermination

Religious extremists hate other groups of people for what they believe. The end goal is conversion.

I'm not saying one is particularly better than the other, but that is a major difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Race extremists hate other groups of people for what they are. There is nothing a non-white person can do to change their race. The end goal is extermination

Religious extremists hate other groups of people for what they believe. The end goal is conversion.

I'm not saying one is particularly better than the other, but that is a major difference.

I was also thinking about the difference between IS and Stalin.
          Stalin wanted to stop all religion. IS wants to stop all religion apart from theirs.

But you're now using the term "race extremists", you'll upset some on here, because you've introduced the concept that far-right extremism is not necessarily about politics.

But not all far-right extremism is about race, it can be about ancestry - which you can't change.
          A person whose family has lived in a country/region for 5 generations can feel they have more of a right to belong there than someone of the same "race" who only moved 2 generations ago. Unless you change "race" to mean "region of birth". Is a Yorkshire person's dislike for someone from Lancashire "racism" or is there some other word the Wailers like to use to describe it?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Religious extremists hate other groups of people for what they believe. The end goal is conversion or death

FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              FTFY
              That fix of yours is thus implying that religious extremists give people an option, but race/political extremists are worse, they don't give an option.

Comment

Is a Yorkshire person's dislike for someone from Lancashire "racism" or is there some other word the Wailers like to use to describe it?
                The Red Rose, painted red with the blood of slaughtered Yorkshiremen. I think the term "dislike" might not be strong enough.

Personally IDGAS - I'm a proud Lancastrian!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Stalin wanted to stop all religion. IS wants to stop all religion apart from theirs.
                  Apart from the religion of Marx and Lenin of course, still followed by a demented few.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Apart from the religion of Marx and Lenin of course, still followed by a demented few.

Watch out, you'll get called out for blurring the lines between politics and religion, particularly when it comes to extremism.

Comment

Watch out, you'll get called out for blurring the lines between politics and religion, particularly when it comes to extremism.
                      Where can we deport this one to?

Religion and Terrorism...

St Paul's bomb plot: IS supporter Safiyya Shaikh pleads guilty!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X