• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 - is it happening ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naruto1 View Post
    Good morning my fellow contractors

I have been an IT contractor for a few years now.
    Just before Brexit was meant to happen, I found the market
    I eventually managed to land a 6 months contract but it was inside IR35. My take home pay has taken a huge hit. Now, the burning question is come April, are all private sector contracts DEFINITELY going to be inside IR35 ?

I have done some calculations and it seems that my take home pay will be better if I still continue contracting and I am inside IR35 rather than taking a Perm role.

How are you guys preparing ?
    by going perm, taking paid days off...being sick ...a lot... and having lots of free training until the market picks back up
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

With a radiator key, a DVD of Gladiator and a good noshing from AndyW's mum.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
        by going perm, taking paid days off...being sick ...a lot... and having lots of free training until the market picks back up
        Perm and chill is the way forward if you can afford it, after the last few gigs it feels like a paid holiday.

Comment

I've just moved my junk bonds out of Liechtenstein as the rate has tanked, I've gone long on the pound, short on the euro and I have the Sunseeker up and ready for 2 weeks in Monaco. Can't use the Aston as it's gone for full refurb but my man tells me the Lambo will be available soon.

And you?

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

This thread feels like a trap!

I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
              I have bought enough bake beans to feed me for a year.
              That will go nicely with the new meat posting in General
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Apologies if this was in posted in the wrong section.

What I want to know is IR35 really happening ?

Comment

All the cool kids do IR35.

Comment

YouTube
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

IR35 happened in April 2000, it’s been happening for 20 years. The recent changes have been around who makes the determination, previously in the private sector that was the PSC. Now it is the engaging client and consequently they are on the hook for any penalties if there are errors.

Unless and until the private sector get their head around this then the number of outside gigs will be greatly reduced but this is very much a how long is a piece of string question. All we can do is look at the empirical evidence and see how it turns out.

The public sector is a whole other ball game as they have a bottomless pit of other people money for fines but again HMRC are extremely powerful and may start putting further pressure on other departments for full compliance.

Comment

Working...
                      X