• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I still get wood?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I still get wood?

Wood burners: Most polluting fuels to be banned in the home - BBC News

Time to sharpen the chainsaw and see if any of the trees round here "came down in the recent storms".
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

As long as the great British BBQ is not affected, I'm not particularly fussed.

Comment

Only with a prenup in place.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          As long as the great British BBQ is not affected, I'm not particularly fussed.
          You live in London, so your BBQ will be next. You'll be allowed to own an electric one, but you won't be allowed to cook any meat on it. Just so you know...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The ban on carbon-neutral fuel was no doubt as lobbied by the energy companies.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              You live in London, so your BBQ will be next. You'll be allowed to own an electric one, but you won't be allowed to cook any meat on it. Just so you know...
              I actually have a small smokeless one:

LotusGrill UK

Works really well for what I need. It's absolutely no replacement for a proper one but for 1 or 2 people in a small space, it's great.

Comment

Bloody EU regulations trying to ban our fireplaces.

Oops, we can't blame them any more.
                England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I actually have a small smokeless one:

LotusGrill UK

Works really well for what I need. It's absolutely no replacement for a proper one but for 1 or 2 people in a small space, it's great.
                  A smokeless BBQ? I know you're a girl, but there are rules about BBQs and you are supposed to observe them. One of the most important rules is that there should be so much smoke that one of your neighbours calls the fire brigade. You get bonus points for burning down your shed*. Double points for burning down someone else's shed.

*A nod to my wife's former work colleague who actually did that.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

As you get older wood is increasingly more difficult to obtain, but can be sourced from more unusual outlets who cater for anything

Comment

Working...
                    X