• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ContractorUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ContractorUK

What will happen to ContractorUK and this forum after April 6th. Assuming we all become some sort of employee.

Will the name change to PermieTractorUK!!

Originally posted by mall View Post
    What will happen to ContractorUK and this forum after April 6th. Assuming we all become some sort of employee.

Will the name change to PermieTractorUK!!
    No, there will still be contractors and there will still be people who were (and still might be) contractors caught by people pretending to be umbrella companies.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It will turn into a pumpkin, like MF.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Comment

I'm continuing outside of IR35 - extended to the end of the year.... Will I be alone?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            I'm continuing outside of IR35 - extended to the end of the year.... Will I be alone?
            We are all alone...

Comment

I wonder what the odds of a HMRC investigation are come April 6th if you stay outside? It must be much more likely as their office dartboard will have a lot less numbers on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
                I wonder what the odds of a HMRC investigation are come April 6th if you stay outside? It must be much more likely as their office dartboard will have a lot less numbers on it.
                If you are outside after April 6th - it isn't the contractor HMRC are after, it's the end client and boy are they going to looking for a few test cases.

HMRC's off the record / coffee room side chat for months has been you really don't want to be the test case, which is why so many firms have gone for blanket bans. It's a hassle they don't want and the easiest way of avoiding it is to just say no PSCs...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    I assume you mean Bumpkin...?
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X