• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ZX Spectrum Next - Unboxing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farnell don't sell Z80s any more but RS still carry them.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Still got my Spectrum and a shedload of games, just no tape player.
      Instead, I head off to worldofspectrum.org which has pretty much everything that you'd want.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        As a vic20 and then commodore 64 owner i cant relate to this post.
        The only nostalgic thing about this is the "256 x 192" resolution.

Also the max resolution of my Dragon 32.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Or the 68008.

I find it odd that the Z80 is still in current production whereas the 6809 died the death 25 years ago, and the 68008 about 10 years ago.

It's a funny old world.

It is odd. At Sunderland Polytechnic in the late 80s, I was learning assembler on a 6809. Even then it was seen as more modern than a Z80. But the Z80 goes on. ICs appear to be like that - eg. you can still buy 555 timers and 741 op amps, products that were common when I was still at school.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Farnell don't sell Z80s any more but RS still carry them.
            I sit corrected.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I’d start the school's PDP-8/e by inputting the machine code bootstrap for the high-speed punched paper tape reader in binary, via the toggle switches on the front
              Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I was always an Acorn guy myself
              Are you sure we didn't know each other back in the day?

Although at my school it was a Data General Nova, which I'd start by inputting the machine code bootstrap for the high-speed punched paper tape reader in binary, via the toggle switches on the front

Then I went to work at Acorn for a short while... Lion Square

Comment

Working...
              X