• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many points would you score in the UK’s points-based immigration system?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many points would you score in the UK’s points-based immigration system?

How many points would you score in the UK’s points-based immigration system? Take the test and find out!

Your result:
    SORRY - you're not welcome!

We have determined you are worthless to British society and of no interest to us whatsoever - have you considered Bongo Bongo Land?

Dunno. Link don't seem to be working for me. Must have ruled me out already.

What about the absurd citizenship test? Questions about football clubs, British Oscar winners, who built some obscure castle etc.

Life in the UK Test 2020 - Free Practice Questions - Realistic Tests

Questions about our more important laws and core principles like democracy, freedom of choice, equality etc might be more relevant. So we didn't get people who do FGM, forced marriage, illegal poaching etc.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      How many points would you score in the UK’s points-based immigration system? Take the test and find out!

Your result:

We have determined you are worthless to British society and of no interest to us whatsoever - have you considered Bongo Bongo Land?
      I got 90 - what's annoying is that I don't know what answer I got wrong - probably the Jam / Cream one..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Dunno. Link don't seem to be working for me. Must have ruled me out already.

What about the absurd citizenship test? Questions about football clubs, British Oscar winners, who built some obscure castle etc.

Life in the UK Test 2020 - Free Practice Questions - Realistic Tests

Questions about our more important laws and core principles like democracy, freedom of choice, equality etc might be more relevant. So we didn't get people who do FGM, forced marriage, illegal poaching etc.
        Forget the life in the UK test, it well known to be rubbish. The bigger problem is the level of English that is required. Even on some of the promotional videos the candidates can barely speak English but still pass the bar. Imagine what is happening behind closed doors.

Considering that most routes require 3-6 years of residence in the UK, it's mind boggling how people didn't bother learning the language.

Comment

So we didn't get people who do FGM, forced marriage, illegal poaching etc.
          You're an absolute disgrace, like most Brits. Immigrants do not do those things, it's a racist smear propagated by the extreme right-wing press like the Wail.

You probably voted for Brexit and Boris, which just proves my point.

Or something. Go directly to jail, do not collect £200 benefits money.

Comment

I remember answering exactly those type of questions for my life in the UK test
            Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Your result:

I scored 63.

I am not welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I scored 63.

I am not welcome.
                If only they gave out points for having a sparkling personality...you'd have 63.5

(Edit: You went the wrong way on the jam/cream question, didn't you...)
                Last edited by Mordac; 25 February 2020, 12:31.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I got 57. Does that mean I get a free flight to Jamaica?
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Your result:

71. Just scraped it [emoji23]
                    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Working...
                    X