• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just how stupid are contractors?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just how stupid are contractors?

I sit next to a very long time lurker on CUK. He already thought contractors were really stupid - but threads of the last few weeks have really made him despair.

What can I say to cheers him up?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I sit next to a very long time lurker on CUK. He already thought contractors were really stupid - but threads of the last few weeks have really made him despair.

tell him you've resigned.

Comment

My worry is that we get the contractors who are bright enough to use Google and can type IR35 correctly.

If he thinks the contractors who use CUK are really stupid, imagine how much more stupider the contractors who don't use CUK are..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Coronavirus will take care of the old, the sick, and the lame. The naive will fall away as there will be fewer left to wipe their arse.

HTH.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          tell him you've resigned.
          Working with him for 3 years now. First year he had no idea who I was. After a year he mentioned CUK and said "But I don't know any posters on there". I asked "Are there any posters you rate". His response "BrilloPad is pretty good".

Its one of the reasons I keep hanging round though I should have left ages ago.

Of course, it might be better if I just posted nonsense. But I don't want to tread on your toes. What can one expect from someone who likes HP sauce?

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            Coronavirus will take care of the old, the sick, and the lame. The naive will fall away as there will be fewer left to wipe their arse.

HTH.
            So thats the end of tpd then.....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              My worry is that we get the contractors who are bright enough to use Google and can type IR35 correctly.

If he thinks the contractors who use CUK are really stupid, imagine how much more stupider the contractors who don't use CUK are..
              The purveyors of schemes rely on it.

Comment

Get him a special milky coffee - again.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

The purveyors of schemes rely on it.
                  On Friday I got a report that someone is using the name "Contractor UK" for their scheme marketing.

Admin, Cojak, WTFH and NAT have all confirmed it has nothing to do with them..
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Like I have said before - if there is any positive aspect of the changes - it will be to purge the market of the permitractors.

Hopefully with time the market will calm down and private sector will start taking more notice/care about working practices. Just like the public sector did.

Comment

Working...
                    X