• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just how stupid are contractors?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Working with him for 3 years now. First year he had no idea who I was. After a year he mentioned CUK and said "But I don't know any posters on there". I asked "Are there any posters you rate". His response "BrilloPad is pretty good".

Its one of the reasons I keep hanging round though I should have left ages ago.

Of course, it might be better if I just posted nonsense. But I don't want to tread on your toes. What can one expect from someone who likes HP sauce?
    Was this a monologue and you're coming out as schizophrenic?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I sit next to a very long time lurker on CUK. He already thought contractors were really stupid - but threads of the last few weeks have really made him despair.

What can I say to cheers him up?
      Tell him you've gone permie so the average IQ went up a few points
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Tell him you've gone permie so the average IQ went up a few points
        After April, he will be the only contractor in the (quite large) financial services company. And he is outside IR35. Awesome.

Comment

I sit next to a very long time lurker on CUK. He already thought contractors were really stupid - but threads of the last few weeks have really made him despair.

What can I say to cheers him up?
          Tell him about the pastie guy. In exactly the same position as contractors. Instead of spending 20 years whining and fighting in the courts, he just paid off the politicians and sorted out out in a week.

Always makes me laugh.

All it needed was a bribe.

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
            Tell him about the pastie guy. In exactly the same position as contractors. Instead of spending 20 years whining and fighting in the courts, he just paid off the politicians and sorted out out in a week.

Always makes me laugh.

All it needed was a bribe.
            Is this like Greggs pasties? Doesn't NF like Greggs pasties? I can't see NF bribing anyone - but if so top man!

Comment

Working with him for 3 years now. First year he had no idea who I was. After a year he mentioned CUK and said "But I don't know any posters on there". I asked "Are there any posters you rate". His response "BrilloPad is pretty good".

Its one of the reasons I keep hanging round though I should have left ages ago.

Of course, it might be better if I just posted nonsense. But I don't want to tread on your toes. What can one expect from someone who likes HP sauce?
              Oi! I Like HP Sauce, THE ONLY SAUCE TO HAVE ON BACON!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I'm working with a guy who declared himself inside because he couldn't think of anyone that he could send in as a substitute offhand.

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
                  I'm working with a guy who declared himself inside because he couldn't think of anyone that he could send in as a substitute offhand.
                  I'm working with a guy who has self declared inside refusing to take the QDOS assessment for £100.... We've both got a renewal until September but I will be around £20K better off. He panicked, took a perm offer then rejected it for an inside day rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Oi! I Like HP Sauce, THE ONLY SAUCE TO HAVE ON BACON!
                    I used to disagree with everything they said about you. I just changed my mind....

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      Oi! I Like HP Sauce, THE ONLY SAUCE TO HAVE ON GAMMON!
                      Cannibal!!
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X