• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

mensuration vs menstruation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    QQ for my personal edification: precisely how can a transwoman "choose not to menstruate"?
    It's these type of questions that exclude transwomen from CUK.

Between you and me, it involves a ketchup sachet with a hole in it.

Comment

And only XX-chromosome born people can choose not to menstruate if they have access to contraceptives that have such an effect. I definitely don't count being pregnant as a means of choosing not to menstruate.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        It would be interesting to see where these 'articles' and posts are coming from.

This looks like a rather obvious ploy to sow dislike of trans people through fake news and bots.
        This may be true. However, a friend who is an activist in the Irish Labour Party was telling me that people are getting mighty fed up of a very small number of trans activists trying to insert trans issues into every issue (housing etc.).

In every movement you will find people on the edge who are shouty about their peculiar views. It doesn't invalidate the core aims of the movement, any more than the Brexit extremist murdering Jo Cox invalidates Brexit.

So maybe this was real and maybe it was a troll's ploy. Either way, it doesn't invalidate progress for trans rights. We should be more concerned about the right wing snowflakes getting agitated because they read on the Internet about a potential disagreement about a fundraiser for feminine hygiene products.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          This may be true. However, a friend who is an activist in the Irish Labour Party was telling me that people are getting mighty fed up of a very small number of trans activists trying to insert trans issues into every issue (housing etc.).

In every movement you will find people on the edge who are shouty about their peculiar views. It doesn't invalidate the core aims of the movement, any more than the Brexit extremist murdering Jo Cox invalidates Brexit.

So maybe this was real and maybe it was a troll's ploy. Either way, it doesn't invalidate progress for trans rights. We should be more concerned about the right wing snowflakes getting agitated because they read on the Internet about a potential disagreement about a fundraiser for feminine hygiene products.
          You are so tiresome.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            You are so tiresome.
            You're just too thick to understand.

Comment

You're just too thick to understand.
              It's not often I get called thick. But I have a feeling you get called tiresome a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                It would be interesting to see where these 'articles' and posts are coming from.

This looks like a rather obvious ploy to sow dislike of trans people through fake news and bots.
                It is commensurate with that.

Everyone bleeds.
                Not according to Alice Cooper.

(Edit: hadn't seen the live version before. I knew it was about domestic abuse, but the live video brings it smartly home).
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Everyone bleeds. They could also have asked for plasters and bandages and that would have made the trans women feel included. It just takes a bit of effort to make everyone feel included.
                  If you bleed from your arm, and get blood on your shirt, it's rather different than if you bleed in your knickers as a result of sexual biology.

If the original posted article is real (which is ~), do people with XX chromosomes who through menopause, or simply an inability to menstruate feel excluded from such events? I doubt it.

So what we've got is a very small minority of XY chromosoned people, telling XX chomosoned people what to do. Plus ça change. The intolerant pick up this behaviour and use it to spread intolerance. But it's the moron activists who are enabling the intolerant.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Menstruation, menopause, pregnancy, child birth are all anti-trans hate terms.

Isn't it funny how the overwhelming majority of trans, who are loud and aggressive, are biologically m**e.

----------------

Fast forward to the future...

Police called to investigate "man" parading naked in a woman's changing room was found to be merely exercising her rights as a trans-woman.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Judith: Any Anti-Imperialist group like ours must *reflect* such a divergence of interests within its power-base.
                      Reg: Agreed.
                      (General nodding.)
                      Francis?
                      Francis: I think Judith's point of view is valid here, Reg, provided the Movement never forgets that it is the inalienable right of every man--
                      Stan: Or woman.
                      Francis: Or woman...to rid himself--
                      Stan: Or herself.
                      Reg: Or herself. Agreed. Thank you, brother.
                      Stan: Or sister.
                      Francis: Thank you, brother. Or sister. Where was I?
                      Reg: I thought you'd finished.
                      Francis: Oh, did I? Right.
                      Reg: Furthermore, it is the birthright of every man ...
                      Stan: Or woman.
                      Reg: Why don't you shut up about women, Stan, you're putting us off.
                      Stan: Women have a perfect right to play a part in our movement, Reg.
                      Francis: Why are you always on about women, Stan?
                      Stan: (pause) I want to be one.

I blame Stan!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X