• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market - how low will it go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same. I'm busy with a new gig so went the whole hog and got rid of them all.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
      I decided to liquidate half my equity trackers earlier this week and have the rest in a passive cautions fund. So plenty of cash to buy the future lows over the next few months. Corono Virus hitting the middle east now, Brexit negotiations, Trump lots of reasons for a wobble this year.
      That is attempting market timing, I don't recommend it, NO-ONE is able to do this reliably even if they might get lucky once or twice.
      If you had missed the best 4/5 days over the last 20 years you would be looking at very low returns.
      Time in the market not timing.
      Monevator — Make more money, invest profitably, retire early

Comment

I decided to liquidate half my equity trackers earlier this week and have the rest in a passive cautions fund. So plenty of cash to buy the future lows over the next few months. Corono Virus hitting the middle east now, Brexit negotiations, Trump lots of reasons for a wobble this year.
        That is attempting market timing, I don't recommend it, NO-ONE is able to do this reliably even if they might get lucky once or twice.
        If you had missed the best 4/5 days over the last 20 years you would be looking at very low returns.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
          It's not something I do very often at all, once every 3 years perhaps. But when there is a risk off a big drop I will manage that risk. If the bet turns against me I will just up the monthly payments I would make anyway. But I agree if I was betting on regular volatility it would be insane.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

6500 by COP Monday?
            Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

6500 by COP Monday?
              Very likely.
              Although we might see an one last push, market jumping up few % as a diversion. Smart money setting the bed to dump their books.
              Then it is only downhill from there.
              IMO at this point, smart money is either unsure what to do and liquidates bits here and there or is in a managed sell to prevent panic setting in.
              VIX seems to be making new peaks every day but not at panic levels so would be tempted to think the second.
              I am mixing vix options gold and bonds taking moderate risk, I easily could blow up at any point but at least is keeping me entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                Very likely.
                Although we might see an one last push, market jumping up few % as a diversion. Smart money setting the bed to dump their books.
                Then it is only downhill from there.
                IMO at this point, smart money is either unsure what to do and liquidates bits here and there or is in a managed sell to prevent panic setting in.
                VIX seems to be making new peaks every day but not at panic levels so would be tempted to think the second.
                I am mixing vix options gold and bonds taking moderate risk, I easily could blow up at any point but at least is keeping me entertained.
                Wait for serious discussions about the Olympics being cancelled in Japan.
                Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Wait for serious discussions about the Olympics being cancelled in Japan.
                  Here we go....

Prime minister Shinzo Abe has urged all schools in Japan to close from Monday until the end of the spring break in a bid to stem the rapid spread of the coronavirus outbreak.
                  Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Mrs HS works in the Airline industry. Huge impacts already - KLM / AF staff being asked to go on reduced hours. Dump any Airline stock pronto
                    We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Originally posted by Hertsseasider View Post
                      Mrs HS works in the Airline industry. Huge impacts already - KLM / AF staff being asked to go on reduced hours. Dump any Airline stock pronto
                      Dump any stocks pronto, trackers or otherwise, unless they're hedging against it; ie: volatility trackers.

Comment

Working...
                      X