• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market - how low will it go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yorkshire has been in self-imposed lockdown since the dark ages.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      To really scare you - can you think of anyone better in politics to do the job?

At least we are in a better position than the US where the person leading believes pray will solve the issue - mind you pray is probably all most US citizens can afford to do.

Praying is part of mindfulness.

A mind full of claptrap.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Dead cat bounce this morning

Heading south now

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

dead cat indeed

Price action rallied to be rejected off previous support. That means with a high degree of probability the index is falling to the next support level, 6000. Traders call this 'walking down the stairs'.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Dead cat bounce this morning

Heading south now

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            Indeed.

Wiped out my bet at a stop (-£500). Recovered through the course of the morning to crystalised >£2k up. #winning. #just.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Dead cat seems to have some life left in it...

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                Indeed.

Wiped out my bet at a stop (-£500). Recovered through the course of the morning to crystalised >£2k up. #winning. #just.

Something. Pride. Fall. Something else...
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                  Dead cat seems to have some life left in it...
                  It happens... a trend of lower highs is now easily observed, however. Day traders can make huge profits at times like this... but you need to be operating with a minimum of a £250k portfolio, have nerves of steel, and spend every waking minute starting at the screen. No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    ...Day traders can make huge profits at times like this... but you need to be operating with a minimum of a £250k portfolio, have nerves of steel, and spend every waking minute starting at the screen. No thanks.
                    Or one could just play for fun and make a day rate before lunchtime*.

* If one ignores having been caught out by this morning's initial rally.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                      Or one could just play for fun and make a day rate before lunchtime*.

* If one ignores having been caught out by this morning's initial rally.
                      I once made a killing my accidentally putting a spread bet the wrong way on oil prices. Never managed to replicate that so I tend not to bother any more.

Comment

Working...
                      X