• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Facemasks and HandSantizers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do a MacGyver and make your own

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Did someone say PANIC????

Remember kids, panic first.

Comment

Did someone say picnic?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          WTFH have found a way of killing Cov19 stone dead. You singing to them.

Alas it kills the humans too....

Alas?
          You say that like it's a bad idea to wipe out a few resources drains.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Union Jack knickers work a treat as face masks:

Coronavirus: Shop owner has bizarre prevention method as virus continues to spread | indy100

Comment

Panic is next week (placeholder)
              We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Originally posted by Hertsseasider View Post
                Panic is next week (placeholder)
                Panic on the streets of London?

Hang the B.J. Hang B.J. Hang B.J.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    There are no face masks that will filter out viruses because the viruses are far smaller that the mesh on the mask. Furthermore, Viruses will easily enter the body via the eye ducts. The best a mask can do is to stop some water droplets; after one use they should be burnt.
                    I'm not sure that's true.

The N99 standard exceeds the N95 standard for filtration facemasks. Virii are filtered by these, judging by the 3M information I read.

My understanding that regularly disinfecting a facemask if caring for someone with this is easier than expecting them to wear one, as it does take more lung effort to take a full breath, something that the affected are unlikely to be able to do if they have the main lung pneumonic symptoms.

I did read an article that stated most masks are a waste of time and the 3M ones only work if airtight and you don't constantly touch your dirty hands to it all day. I think if caring for someone with it then this would be mitigated by all the paranoid handwashing and use of hand sanitizer, so perhaps a moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                      I'm not sure that's true.

The N99 standard exceeds the N95 standard for filtration facemasks. Virii are filtered by these, judging by the 3M information I read.

My understanding that regularly disinfecting a facemask if caring for someone with this is easier than expecting them to wear one, as it does take more lung effort to take a full breath, something that the affected are unlikely to be able to do if they have the main lung pneumonic symptoms.

I did read an article that stated most masks are a waste of time and the 3M ones only work if airtight and you don't constantly touch your dirty hands to it all day. I think if caring for someone with it then this would be mitigated by all the paranoid handwashing and use of hand sanitizer, so perhaps a moot point.
                      'Virii'? What are they when they're at home?

Comment

Working...
                      X