• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Facemasks and HandSantizers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    'Virii'? What are they when they're at home?
    A tongue in cheek reference to the IT sector love of the word as the incorrect plural of 'virus'.

Comment

Answer from the Scottish Government. Didn't expect to receive a response:

Masks certified to FFP3 (or FFP2 as a minimum). Plenty of 3M options out there, so I'll opt for those.

Comment

I guess I'm late to the party because my local Wickes was entirely sold out. Tesco was completely out of hand sanitizer as well.

No joke, I bought a bunch of canned goods today just in case we are stuck in the house for weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
          I guess I'm late to the party because my local Wickes was entirely sold out. Tesco was completely out of hand sanitizer as well.

No joke, I bought a bunch of canned goods today just in case we are stuck in the house for weeks.
          100,000 kcal of food per person and 300 units of alcohol per adult is the aim.

Comment

Per Day? Do you want to look like MF?

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
              Same here but that happened in London over 2 weeks ago!. Plenty of people silently prepping around here.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                Same here but that happened in London over 2 weeks ago!. Plenty of people silently prepping around here.
                I waited until today because I heard face masks didn't make all that difference and figured there was an ethical issue with people like me buying boxes of face masks and letting them sit around when there is no current threat in my area. Changed my mind today and there was nothing left.

I was more surprised at the lack of hand sanitizer in Tesco. Not a bit left. I think when the people who aren't paying much attention find out that others are prepping, the poo is going to hit the fan in a big way. They are going to go NUTS on Tesco and then start fighting each other.

Remember a few years back when there was flooding and people were fighting in the street over bottled water?

Comment

Get your down your local South Asian food shop. Big bags of rice, chana dal etc. 5 litres of sunflower oil. Spices. Rice and dal. Lovely.

Then 5 litres of extra virgin olive oil, big bags of pasta. Loads of passata or tinned tomatoes. Lovely.

Got a bread maker? Make sure you have ingredients. Check out some use by dates on halloumi, parmesan cheddar, butter.

UHT milk, long life fruit juice.

Tins of whatever takes your fancy.

Multi vitamins.

Then your non food of course.

Comment

The only mask left in local shop

Comment

Ocado still seems to have plenty of stock so no need for me to venture outside to interact with humans in an actual shop.

Comment

Working...
                      X