• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Facemasks and HandSantizers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Facemasks and HandSantizers

So, as we're supposed to be more clued up than the permies:

What are the best facemasks to head for if buying in bulk? Has anybody bought a few yet? They seem a wise idea if this coronavirus does hit the UK hard and a family member gets ill. I've read some published research that suggests that they are more hassle than they are worth if you're not yet unwell with coronavirus, due to spreading bacteria to them by the constant touching.

In Asia I've had to use a respro in the past, with replaceable filters, but this was for major pollution warnings in places such as India. I see there are some new models with better filtration to include even smaller particles than PM2.5.

Has anybody bought a bulk pack of any high quality masks yet? Hand Sanitizer seems to be easy to buy but some recommendations for buying would also be appreciated.
    Rather than being for myself they are to give to families who have this illness and, as seems likely, are advised to recover at home until the illness subsides or worsens. I can't see the NHS being able to provide suitable sanitizer and masks if things do get more serious.

Thanks.
    Last edited by rogerfederer; 26 February 2020, 12:29.

Use a Tesco Bag For Life. Tie it tight enough and it will last for the rest of your life. Don't forget the radiator key.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

You're a ******* contractor, none of this cheap ass face mask tulip

Respirex Limited Life Gas Tight Suit - Type 1A-ET - Manufactured in DuPont™ Tychem(R) TK - Tested to EN464 - RE-TTKGTS
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post

What are the best facemasks to head for? Has anybody bought a few yet? They seem a wise idea if this Coronavirus does hit the UK hard and a family member gets ill.

In Asia I've had to use a respro in the past, but this was for major pollution warnings in places such as India.

Has anybody bought a bulk pack of any high quality masks yet? Hand Sanitizer seems to be easy to buy but some recommendations for buying would also be appreciated.
        Rather than being for myself they are to give to families who have this illness and, as seems likely, are advised to recover at home until the illness subsides or worsens. I can't see the NHS being able to provide suitable sanitizer and masks if things do get more serious.

Thanks.
        WFH is my plan. Agreed with client.
        Building up stores, food and non food.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Works fine if you're a singleton and have stocked up on food. Doesn't work so well if you're interacting a lot with other families and children. I know what some of my friends are like and they won't be prepared if things do get bad.

I'm hoping to never have to open the box one they are purchased, but unfortunately it's ripe to hit the UK. Most client sites see the majority of permies never wash their hands when exiting a toilet, as a small example.

Comment

Building up stores, food and non food.
            Priority is water, food then wet wipes.

Don't forget a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Don't forget a gun.
              And ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post

What are the best facemasks to head for if buying in bulk? Has anybody bought a few yet? They seem a wise idea if this coronavirus does hit the UK hard and a family member gets ill. I've read some published research that suggests that they are more hassle than they are worth if you're not yet unwell with coronavirus, due to spreading bacteria to them by the constant touching.

In Asia I've had to use a respro in the past, with replaceable filters, but this was for major pollution warnings in places such as India. I see there are some new models with better filtration to include even smaller particles than PM2.5.

Thanks.

There are no face masks that will filter out viruses because the viruses are far smaller that the mesh on the mask. Furthermore, Viruses will easily enter the body via the eye ducts. The best a mask can do is to stop some water droplets; after one use they should be burnt.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

And ammo.
                  Sorry. I used Suity as PM. Big mistake.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Don't forget a gun.
                    And ammo.
                    and your tinfoil hat

Comment

Working...
                    X