• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    No need for real panic unless you're a gammon or you bum squirrels.
    Suppose I do both?

Just asking for a friend...

Comment

Or work at Chevron's office on Canary Wharf....
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        All they do there is bum squirrels....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          All they do there is bum squirrels....
          And cough and splutter....
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

COVID19 IS A TORY PLOY!!

They are trying to kill all the almost pension age women off before they are old enough to claim it, it'll save millions!!!

(They'll keep pushing the claim date back another 5 years until it gets them all!)

Comment

The problem is likely to be the large number of people who need intensive care beds. The deaths are easy to manage.

Meh, quitters.

I have no intention of going to hospital unless they're wheeling me directly to the mortuary. I'll take my chances at home with the meths. 99% alcohol blood level should keep the virus on its toes.

Only risk to my plan is avoiding a serious illness or heart attack forcing me into hospital before I'm dead.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                COVID19 IS A TORY PLOY!!

They are trying to kill all the almost pension age women off before they are old enough to claim it, it'll save millions!!!

(They'll keep pushing the claim date back another 5 years until it gets them all!)
                But they'd be killing off all those people who voted for them?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Or our office at "Bolton sur les Collines", apparently a couple of our engineers recently back from China and Italy were sent home yesterday after exhibiting flu-like symptoms.

The ironic thing is they'd been back in the office for a week!

So, if they've got it, I've got it, and if I've got it, the poor sods that I'm currently working with in Worcester have got it too!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                    COVID19 IS A TORY PLOY!!

Unfortunately for that otherwise watertight conspiracy theory, women are less likely to die of it than men.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The virus is the new brexit.

An excuse for all the debt riddled companies to blame their poor performances on, and for those looking for something to blame for anything coz they just like whingeing and moaning.

LFC fans tulipting themselves that games will be cancelled, just when winning the premier league is nailed on.

Got a month's supply of pot noodles and kleenex (for the sniffles ). Not prepped, I always have that supply to hand. Self-quarantine is no big deal as long as the internet stays on.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X