• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I'm certainly avoiding going into the office as much as a can. My son used to commute to Zürich daily by train. I'm somewhat relieved that he starts a new job on Tuesday - 15 minutes walk from his home.
    go in the can, it'll do you good.
    basel to zurich evey day?
    bugger that <at 54 MPH>. i've never seen trains so slow.
    best part of three hours return.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      go in the can, it'll do you good.
      basel to zurich evey day?
      bugger that <at 54 MPH>. i've never seen trains so slow.
      best part of three hours return.
      I commuted for two years by car 180° around the M25. Apparently the Basel-Zürich commute is similar...
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I commuted for two years by car 180° around the M25. Apparently the Basel-Zürich commute is similar...
        roads get clogged.
        one expects rail to be faster.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Most GPs are only 4 days. But I suppose you need one that specialiases in squirrel diseases...
          I wonder where that is, in London you are lucky if you can get one in less than two weeks. Last time I tried they said 1 month. I had to do an online assessment and tell them my pain was 10 out of 10, anything less than 10 and they would tell you wait a month.

Anyone here played The Division 1 or 2, or watch The Last Ship?
          Last edited by Drei; 28 February 2020, 18:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
            I think the main priority right now is to delay the outbreak until summer so the the NHS doesn't have to deal with seasonal flu as well as covid19 (which kind of makes sense)
            And the naturally better weather conditions in summer discourages the spread of rhinoviruses, which will further reduce the speed of spread.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              roads get clogged.
              one expects rail to be faster.
              SBB is at capacity.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

SBB is at capacity.

Comment

Bit odd coincidence if true:

Coronavirus: Dean Koontz novel from 1981 predicted outbreak, internet sleuths claim
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
                    I wonder where that is, in London you are lucky if you can get one in less than two weeks. Last time I tried they said 1 month. I had to do an online assessment and tell them my pain was 10 out of 10, anything less than 10 and they would tell you wait a month.

Much the same waiting times here in Mid Sussex.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Much the same waiting times here in Mid Sussex.
                      I love it when they ask you if you have private medical to speed things up... sure, I'll pay if they allow me to do so before tax.

Comment

Working...
                      X