• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Couldn't happen to a nicer Brexiteer.
    I hope all Brexiteers get it. Be great if Rishi Sunak delivers budget whilst coughing
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Did he vote in or out?
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        [UK] Health minister tests positive for coronavirus Health minister tests positive for coronavirus - BBC News
        When you hear that a Health Minister fell ill on Friday, ignored her own department's advice and spent the weekend with constituents instead of self isolating and has now been diagnosed with Coronavirus, unbelievable. I'm fully expecting that Chris Graying is going to be appointed chair of the Intelligence Committee next!
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Can't argue with this
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            When you hear that a Health Minister fell ill on Friday, ignored her own department's advice and spent the weekend with constituents instead of self isolating and has now been diagnosed with Coronavirus, unbelievable. I'm fully expecting that Chris Graying is going to be appointed chair of the Intelligence Committee next!

Serves the constituents right if they catch it, for believing an MP will do anything other than nod while pretending to listen.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Oh dear:

The York MP Rachael Maskell has confirmed that she has been advised to self-isolate after having a meeting with Nadine Dorries last Thursday – she says that she is asymptomatic.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                Predictions:

Coronavirus threatens to destroy the government as economy plunges, people lose jobs and get sick
                Actions taken to stimulate economy
                -interest rate cut (done)
                -VAT cut
                -PAYE cut
                -Mortgage holidays for anyone losing jobs (done)
                -budget tax rises cancelled (including IR35)
                -mass borrowing
                NHS spending massively increased (expected)
                Coronavirus still destroys the government
                Government votes no confidence in itself
                General election called
                General election delayed due to coronavirus
                Parliament is sent home sick with coronavirus

Comment

It's 4 weeks on, lets see how these predictions are doing...

Predictions:

Coronavirus threatens to destroy the government as economy plunges, people lose jobs and get sick (risk increased)
                  Actions taken to stimulate economy
                  -interest rate cut (yes - dropped to 0.1%)
                  -VAT cut (sort of - we got a VAT deferral)
                  -PAYE cut (no but we got CJRS and SEISS. CJRS uses the PAYE mechanism to pay wages)
                  -Mortgage holidays for anyone losing jobs (yes)
                  -budget tax rises cancelled (including IR35) (IR35 delayed)
                  -mass borrowing (yes - via QE mechanism £200bn borrowed)
                  NHS spending massively increased (yes, debt also written off)
                  Coronavirus still destroys the government (risk increasing)
                  Government votes no confidence in itself
                  General election called
                  General election delayed due to coronavirus
                  Parliament is sent home sick with coronavirus (ongoing)

Comment

It's 4 weeks on, lets see how these predictions are doing...
                    You got the lottery numbers for Wednesday guv?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      You got the lottery numbers for Wednesday guv?
                      If you're really trying to wind the remainers up, ask for the numbers for the Euro Lottery
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X