• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK's coronavirus death toll jumps by record-high 854 in a day with 6,227 known victims | Daily Mail Online

Although the surge in the number of deaths recorded today is a drastic rise on those which emerged yesterday, a delay in recording data could be to blame.

As the numbers of people dying has increased, so too have the numbers of past deaths which are being rolled into each day's daily count.

Some of the fatalities announced each day actually happened 10 days ago or more but had not been recorded earlier because of paperwork delays.

And deaths being announced today are likely from patients who were infected weeks ago, meaning they do not indicate that the virus is spreading faster than it was.

So, in a typically British fashion, we are slowing the stats due to slower paperwork....

Comment

False news as we are still not counting care homes or people who die at home

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

or people who die near rowan trees

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          If you're really trying to wind the remainers up, ask for the numbers for the Euro Lottery
          Why would that wind up remainers?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

What would be better than single day stats is a rolling day average to give a better trend and get rid of spikes and troughs that occur due to anomalies.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              What would be better than single day stats is a rolling day average to give a better trend and get rid of spikes and troughs that occur due to anomalies.
              What would be even better are stats adjusted to the actual day of death, not the day it was reported. Maybe they're out there somewhere and the red tops can't figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

They have to give daily stats so that those who can review data and look at 7 day trends are able to do that. Then those who hang off daily figures can pick and choose to suit their opinions.

Sunday 29th March - fewer deaths reported than 28th
                Monday 30th March - fewer than 29th
                Tuesday 31st March - jump back up

Come forward 7 days and it repeats.
                There's weekly trends in how deaths are being fed into the reports.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This:

A new system of boarding buses is being trialled in London to reduce contact with drivers.

Transport for London (TfL) announced it will launch a pilot scheme which will see passengers using the middle door to board, amid growing concern over the safety of drivers following the deaths of at least nine in the UK after they tested positive for Covid-19.
                  How come it has taken so long? They've been doing that here for at least 3 weeks...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    This:

How come it has taken so long? They've been doing that here for at least 3 weeks...
                    The buses in London are run by private companies who have their timetabling and routes managed by TFL.

8 bus drivers have died* so now TFL and the Unite union are trying to get the private companies e.g. Stage Coach to do what they are claiming to protect their staff and passengers.

*Maybe more but that was last number I heard off
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      The buses in London are run by private companies who have their timetabling and routes managed by TFL.

8 bus drivers have died* so now TFL and the Unite union are trying to get the private companies e.g. Stage Coach to do what they are claiming to protect their staff and passengers.

*Maybe more but that was last number I heard off
                      And they're not private companies here? The main bus company in my town is a limited company however 94.9% is owned by the town, the rest is held by a local bank, the rest are all private companies. This action was actually one of the first indications that I had that people were starting to take a lockdown seriously. I believe that other countries started doing this quite early on too
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X