• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are DSS people now a protected group?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When people talk about provision for the "less fortunate" etc. they often ignore a major factor, who pays? Think most would be happy to support people who need help, if they do what they reasonably can for themselves anyway, but the cost should not fall on individuals.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Comment

Maybe he knows the secret to the Tory magic money tree.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Everyone is in a protected group apart from the freckling working people.
          Not us, the no rights employees, we are an even lower class.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
            Everyone is in a protected group apart from the freckling working people.
            Not us, the no rights employees, we are an even lower class.
            Oi! That's frecklist! Nowt wrong with freckles.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Oi! That's frecklist! Nowt wrong with freckles.
              I'd have to see them all to comment.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Maybe he knows the secret to the Tory magic money tree.
                Is that sprouted from the same seeds as the Labour magic money tree, or different?
                - asking for a former chancellor...

Anyway, landlords need a central register of rent payment proof etc... then it's not simply because they are DSS, that they get rejected - boom no more blanket ban and reasonable privacy/civil liberties for everyone.

Once any register became public knowledge, perhaps the ones who skip rent/trash places would see the light?
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I'd have to see them all to comment.
                  I thought we all saw them all at the Leeds meet up?

Oh you arrived late and missed out.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I thought we all saw them all at the Leeds meet up?

Oh you arrived late and missed out.....
                    Better late than never hey
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                      Is that sprouted from the same seeds as the Labour magic money tree, or different?
                      - asking for a former chancellor...

Anyway, landlords need a central register of rent payment proof etc... then it's not simply because they are DSS, that they get rejected - boom no more blanket ban and reasonable privacy/civil liberties for everyone.

Once any register became public knowledge, perhaps the ones who skip rent/trash places would see the light?
                      Didn't a group of tenants want the fact they paid their rent on time added to their credit reports?

It couldn't because they pay in advance but they were arguing that some record could be set up to make it easier for them to get mortgages and other credit later.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X