• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put protesters, their lawyers and anybody connected to no-fly list

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      It’s safer not having to do it and gain altitude first.
      At what altitude would you feel safe the turn occurring at? How many miles travelling in the wrong direction are you willing to pay for in order to have a nice shipping tanker style turning circle that doesn't give you the collywobbles? The cost of the extra fuel for the detour and the extra fuel needed to cover the weight of that extra fuel really doesn't stack up.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        At what altitude would you feel safe the turn occurring at? How many miles travelling in the wrong direction are you willing to pay for in order to have a nice shipping tanker style turning circle that doesn't give you the collywobbles? The cost of the extra fuel for the detour and the extra fuel needed to cover the weight of that extra fuel really doesn't stack up.
        I think you've been made aware that we don't use facts where AtW is concerned, they confuse him.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I don’t want minute fuel savings to endanger passengers - add more runways to take off in the right direction in the first place, and offer first dibs on manual hard work to them protesters - obviously supervised by somebody trustworthy

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            I think you've been made aware that we don't use facts where AtW is concerned, they confuse him.
            Yeah, I should know better

Comment

Yeah, I should know better

Comment

I don’t want minute fuel savings to endanger passengers - add more runways to take off in the right direction in the first place, and offer first dibs on manual hard work to them protesters - obviously supervised by somebody trustworthy
                What???

Taking off in the right direction??? They already do!

You are aware that aircraft take off INTO the wind, yes? So building more runways will not remove the need to turn the aircraft towards a westerly direction if wind conditions mean they had to take off towards the east.

Comment

If a bit of change in direction after take off bothers you, I don't think you'd enjoy Leeds-Bradford on a windy day.

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

This one was pretty cool from the other week

Video: Airbus A380 '''crab''' landing at Heathrow in Storm Dennis winds - Business Insider

Comment

Put protesters, their lawyers and anybody connected to no-fly list
                      Put squirrel-bumming hyper-polluters onto no-breathe list.

Comment

Working...
                      X