• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life : 100% will die.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    No-one has found a cure for death yet. You are not getting out of this alive.
    Spoiler alert
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      and people wat kant spel, like?
      And idiots who never have anything to add to threads, save attacking a poster.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        No-one has found a cure for death yet. You are not getting out of this alive.
        Unless you're a jellyfish: Turritopsis dohrnii - Wikipedia

I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't want to spend eternity as a jellyfish though.
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          And idiots who never have anything to add to threads, save attacking a poster.
          Not true! He adds lots. To tpd......

Comment

I can download my brain to my computer and live forever... the question is, will it be me or just me as a a bunch of data?

After all we are just our memories, made by our experience and the people around us. Delete all of that and we be empty husks.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
              I can download my brain to my computer and live forever... the question is, will it be me or just me as a a bunch of data?

After all we are just our memories, made by our experience and the people around us. Delete all of that and we be empty husks.
              No you can't and no you won't.

Hth.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Prove you exist outside a computer simulation now.

In fact it is more likely that we are than we are not

Simulation hypothesis - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  No you can't and no you won't.

Hth.
                  Not to go into details, but you can. Do people do it? Maybe some have.

There are plenty of very advanced AIs out there, bots that write essays, paint, poetry etc, and bots that handle social media accounts and other stuff.

If you have the means to upload as much information about your life into a computer, the AI can take over and simulate YOU. Don't be ignorant to today's tech advancement.

There are also facilities that offer cryo services.

If you have tulip loads of money, there may be a way of living forever, look at Tom Cruise after all eh?

Gonna throw in some Black Mirror and West World

Comment

People who have the most birthdays tend to live the longest
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

There are plenty of very advanced AIs out there
                      No there aren't.

Comment

Working...
                      X