• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom, boom, boom lemme hear you say way-oh!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Don't knock it 'til you've tried it
    And I bet after the freezer is full I end up doing the mundane bedding and sock washing too.

I bet the only excitement is watching NLUK is the car outside....

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Nottingham is kind of nice - just avoid the square at night time, it's rather rough but lovely in the daytime.

Are you day commuting or staying over?

I used to stay in the Best Western or the Park Inn - Negotiated around £40 a night at the BW. The National Water Sports Centre also has Travelodge type rooms which is a quirky place to stay with a cracking gym.
      Undecided yet. It's 2.5 hour commute by train each way which lends itself towards staying over but, with only being 2.5 hours away from my own bed, I'm likely to commute until I get fed up. There's opportunity for remote working so, once I'm in and settled, I'll be able to figure out a balance.

Annoyingly, I can't find an early enough train. I like to be in and started by 8 am but it seems the earliest train gets in at about 0810.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Nottingham is kind of nice - just avoid the square at night time, it's rather rough but lovely in the daytime.

Are you day commuting or staying over?

I used to stay in the Best Western or the Park Inn - Negotiated around £40 a night at the BW. The National Water Sports Centre also has Travelodge type rooms which is a quirky place to stay with a cracking gym.
        Try and avoid being on that side of the city. With the Clifton Bridge closed driving in on the A52 or related routes is a nightmare atm.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
        X