• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Talented youngsters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talented youngsters

Got an interesting email from Neighbourhood Watch, extract below:

Some of the most serious cybercrimes are either committed or aided by children as young as 12. Typically, they’re super-talented at IT and often spend many hours on their computer in their bedroom. They may have been attracted via gaming, coding or hacking forums, also populated by cybercriminals. Their parents are usually unaware … just happy that they’re learning, keeping themselves occupied and not getting into mischief on the street.

Several of the people jailed for the hack on telecoms business TalkTalk were teenagers at the time of the attack in October 2015. A hacker for hire who crossed the line into cybercrime at just 13, was sentenced for breaking into global institutions … from his bedroom. It’s thought that as many as one in four UK teenagers have tried some form of internet hacking.
    Sounds good for the future, if we can get them into doing something more useful, and legal.

PS Any of you lot been into cybercrime?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Great training for a career in the City.

Comment

Legal is a moveable feast...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Great training for a career in the City.
        Great training to be a Parliamentariarn
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I thought they were all snowflakes whining on insta about how their sex change operations had gone wrong?

Comment

I have done a few bits and pieces. But only as part of NVDA - I never took any money off anyone.

Comment

Working...
            X