• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Insurance renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Insurance renewal

My accountants are after £400 for the insurance renewal - easy option is to just accept, but I’m curious about if this is a competitive quote. Lots comes up on google search but which companies are reliable ones (not involving stuffed meerkats or squirrels).

Insurance for what? Helps to know what policy you're buying...

Comment

Well, considering you allegedly have mafia neighbours, I think it's pretty competitive as long as the quotes includes a funeral option...

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        My accountants are after £400 for the insurance renewal - easy option is to just accept, but I’m curious about if this is a competitive quote. Lots comes up on google search but which companies are reliable ones (not involving stuffed meerkats or squirrels).
        No need for accountants or insurance for the majority after the 6th April

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Do you need insurance? As a company director running a company with all employees being directors and if you never work at clients premises and work in a virtual office (based at home) then you probably don't need any Otherwise you only need it if clients demand you have it and insist on seeing the policy, is that the case? Who here has ever had a claim made against their business liability insurance?

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
            Do you need insurance? As a company director running a company with all employees being directors and if you never work at clients premises and work in a virtual office (based at home) then you probably don't need any Otherwise you only need it if clients demand you have it and insist on seeing the policy, is that the case? Who here has ever had a claim made against their business liability insurance?
            Hi - Yes, I need it contractually. The usual Employee liability (£10M), Public liability (£2M) and Prof Indemnity (£2M).

Its around £400 with my accountancy - Seems a little steep, but if that's the going rate......

Comment

Cheaper than my renewal with Caunce O'Hara in August last year. My PL and PI are only £1m too.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Insurance for what? Helps to know what policy you're buying...
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                X