• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Question For Dog Owners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Question For Dog Owners

This is a serious question, I want to try and understand why dog owners think it's ok to let their dogs bark outside at anti-social hours, like 5:30 in the morning (as was the case today) or midnight (a few nights ago).

Every single dog owner that I've lived next door to has behaved in this way, and whenever I've spoken to them about it they either claim they are considerate people or look blankly like I've spoken in a language they don't understand. I just don't get it.

Do they think other people can't hear their dog(s), or that other people want to hear them at all hours?

Any dog owners out there who can help me understand?

Moose

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    This is a serious question, I want to try and understand why dog owners think it's ok to let their dogs bark outside at anti-social hours, like 5:30 in the morning (as was the case today) or midnight (a few nights ago).

Every single dog owner that I've lived next door to has behaved in this way, and whenever I've spoken to them about it they either claim they are considerate people or look blankly like I've spoken in a language they don't understand. I just don't get it.

Do they think other people can't hear their dog(s), or that other people want to hear them at all hours?

Any dog owners out there who can help me understand?

Moose
    Ok, so let's look at the details: EVERY dog owner that YOU have lived next door to... maybe they hate you.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Never had that problem. I mean you cannot tell a dog to shut up. But I have a big problem with the dog owners letting their dog poo all over the place. They deliberately take them out at times when nobody else is about and do not clean up after themselves.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Rather depends why they're barking, doesn't it. If it's because they've been left out in the rain and want to come in then you can't really blame them. If they are chasing away intruders (in their eyes at least) you probably don't want to stop them.. If, like my first dog, it's barking out of sheer joie de vivre then you have a problem since it isn't going to stop anyway. I don't think anyone let's the dog out just so it can bark and upset the neighbours.

Dogs bark. It's what they do. People moan about it. That's what they do...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Can't speak for every dog owner.

At my old house we used to have a fox that wandered in the garden, so in the mornings I would let the dog out to have a pee and she would have bark because of the scent. So, that's one reason you may have a dog barking in the morn, exciting scents. However, the dog was supervised and it lasted a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Never had that problem. I mean you cannot tell a dog to shut up. But I have a big problem with the dog owners letting their dog poo all over the place. They deliberately take them out at times when nobody else is about and do not clean up after themselves.
            Or picking the poo up in plastic bag and then dropping the bag. Why do people do this.

Comment

I've noticed a lot of dog owners walking ahead of their dogs when they're off the lead, so they don't notice when the dog drops it's load on the path or beach or wherever.

Comment

Well, it's a lot to do with the breed of dog, the dogs temperament and the owner.
                e.g. working breeds will only bark to alert their owner of possible danger, or when another dog barks at them.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                  I've noticed a lot of dog owners walking ahead of their dogs when they're off the lead, so they don't notice when the dog drops it's load on the path or beach or wherever.
                  I wonder why they do that, walking ahead of the dog.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

They deliberately take them out at times when nobody else is about and do not clean up after themselves.
                    Nope, they "deliberately" take the dogs out for walks regularly - doesn't matter about the weather.
                    It's not cause there's nobody else about, it's cause lazy people without dogs don't go out for walks at 7am, come rain or come shine.

And as for cleaning up after the dog, when cyclists stop defecating at the side of tracks and throwing litter around, or hurling abuse at dog walkers who are on footpaths where the cyclists shouldn't be, then it will be a more even playing field.
                    Round here there's horse, dog, deer, badger, fox and human excrement on the hill.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X