• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cataract surgery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cataract surgery

Noticed a bit of cloudiness in my vision - turned out to be a cataract, so I've surgery scheduled for the end of the month. I've a choice of lenses, but none include a zoom function or Quantel.

Cue comments about things that make you go blind.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Noticed a bit of cloudiness in my vision - turned out to be a cataract, so I've surgery scheduled for the end of the month. I've a choice of lenses, but none include a zoom function or Quantel.

Cue comments about things that make you go blind.
    Ask oPM to ask his dentist.

Comment

Bleach isn't very helpful, so I hear

Comment

Get one bigger than your existing one and your transformation will be complete. Great plan B for kids parties

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Get one bigger than your existing one and your transformation will be complete. Great plan B for kids parties

While I laugh that actually is my problem - a weak muscle in my left eye that will eventually require an operation to repair...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk
              Get MF in a hawaiin shirt and you can do a double act.

We could hold the CUK Christmas party in a hawaiin shirt big enough to fit MF. Though we would need gas maskes. Possibly NBC suit....

Comment

Don’t rush it, especially given Covid-19 outbreak - unless doctor says you have to, unlikely with just little blurriness. Cataract needs to be “ripe” really, apparently.

You’ll have to make big decision on which lenses to go for - price difference is not much, but it’s not as trivial choice as one would imagine: single focus or multi, the latter better on paper but can have drawbacks....

Most importantly with one eye surgery you are likely to find that new lenses see colours brighter, this is hard to get used to, week 6 for me now and I am still not 100%...

Covid-19 again — do you want to risk complications when it’s likely to be pandemic in a month?
                Last edited by AtW; 3 March 2020, 14:31.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Don’t rush it, especially given Covid-19 outbreak - unless doctor says you have to, unlikely with just little blurriness. Cataract needs to be “ripe” really, apparently.

You’ll have to make big decision on which lenses to go for - price difference is not much, but it’s not as trivial choice as one would imagine: single focus or multi, the latter better on paper but can have drawbacks....

Most importantly with one eye surgery you are likely to find that new lenses see colours brighter, this is hard to get used to, week 6 for me now and I am still not 100%...

Covid-19 again — do you want to risk complications when it’s likely to be pandemic in a month?
                  OPM's dentist says it will be fine.

Comment

Anothe reason NOT to do it until the time it right is because if you have to do another operation on that eye then risks go up exponentially apparently, and cataract can come back apparently...

Don't assume that you'll recover very quickly: in theory it's routine, but budget for at least 4 weeks recovery, 6 more likely - not worth taking risks.

I would not have done it if it wasn't at serious dense stage, best not to lead to that but if it's just a little blurry - don't rush it, cataracts don't spread over a week like virus, monitor it regularly until it's "ripe", and avoid pandemics...

Comment

Working...
                    X