• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official cUK members coronavirus cases thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official cUK members coronavirus cases thread

<placeholder>

It's only a matter of time.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    <placeholder>

It's only a matter of time.

its only official if the squirrel bother says so!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hate to say so and come back with this post but it's me.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

And who are you?

Comment

I thought that Zigenare mentioned he thought a colleague had it, therefore he had been exposed?

EDIT: found it.
            Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            So, if they've got it, I've got it, and if I've got it, the poor sods that I'm currently working with in Worcester have got it too!
            [cue W coming along and saying "good" then saying it's satire]
            Last edited by Platypus; 5 March 2020, 09:34.

Comment

I suspect that Johnson will be stopping the daily 'how many have it' quite soon...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                I suspect that Johnson will be stopping the daily 'how many have it' quite soon...
                He has made it a notifiable condition, he may stop the press releases but PHE won't be able to

Notifiable diseases and causative organisms: how to report - GOV.UK

Keep an eye out here

Notifications of infectious diseases (NOIDs) - GOV.UK
                Last edited by SimonMac; 5 March 2020, 10:03.
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  I thought that Zigenare mentioned he thought a colleague had it, therefore he had been exposed?

EDIT: found it.

[cue W coming along and saying "good" then saying it's satire]
                  Stop getting triggered you little snowflake.

Of course it's not good that anyone gets it, but for most who get it the symptoms will be very mild. Unless Ziggy is in the high risk group (over 70, existing underlying illnesses) then he'll be fine.

It's the panic that's funny; why worry about something that is unlikely to affect you, and even if you are unfortunate to get the virus it's highly unlikely to be worse than a mild cold?

For the record so that you know my personal situation, I have asthma, mostly exercise induced due to the bike racing I do each week. My wife has a very serious illness that will likely take her away from me within the next 5 years. My Mom works in a hospital - so far tested 27 patients, all negative. We're all going to die at some stage, whether it's covid-19 that takes us, or something else, there is no dodging death; take precautions by all means, but stop getting in a tizz FFS.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    For the record so that you know my personal situation, I have asthma, mostly exercise induced due to the bike racing I do each week. My wife has a very serious illness that will likely take her away from me within the next 5 years.
                    Man sorry to hear that. Hope you're able to spend less time working more time together going forward.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X