• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A theory from Boris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A theory from Boris

“ But Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the government's scientific advisory group for emergencies (Sage) had told him that closing schools and stopping big gatherings "don't work as well perhaps as people think in stopping the spread".

He told ITV's This Morning programme: "One of the theories is perhaps you could take it on the chin, take it all in one go and allow the disease to move through the population without really taking as many draconian measures. I think we need to strike a balance."

Mr Johnson said it would be "business as usual" for the "overwhelming majority" of people in the UK.”

Coronavirus: UK moving towards 'delay' phase of virus plan as cases hit 90 - BBC News

I suddenly feel safer already

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Do you?

For me it was JRM advising to wash one's hands while humming the National Anthem

Comment

so basically they don't have any plans
      we are doomed

Comment

Sage

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Sage
          Don't knock it, he knows his onions...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            “ But Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the government's scientific advisory group for emergencies (Sage) had told him that closing schools and stopping big gatherings "don't work as well perhaps as people think in stopping the spread".

He told ITV's This Morning programme: "One of the theories is perhaps you could take it on the chin, take it all in one go and allow the disease to move through the population without really taking as many draconian measures. I think we need to strike a balance."

Mr Johnson said it would be "business as usual" for the "overwhelming majority" of people in the UK.”

Coronavirus: UK moving towards 'delay' phase of virus plan as cases hit 90 - BBC News

Much as I hate agreeing with Johnson, it appears that he's right (at least regarding schools) according to the book I'm reading atm.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Much as I hate agreeing with Johnson, it appears that he's right (at least regarding schools) according to the book I'm reading atm.
              Resident Evil?

We know it’s Cummings...

Comment

I wash my hands thoroughly whilst singing "Urban Guerrilla" by Hawkwind.

It empties places faster than you can blink.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

All this government seem to care about is implementing their bonkers "green" agenda and IR35.

Probably just calculates that the reduction in aged NHS users could well save the service from implosion; well let's see if his party can survive the backlash when in the aftermath we see which strategies worked in other countries and which didn't.

Comment

Working...
                  X